My s3 back on the road but problems Help!!!!

unclebunt

Reaction score
it took a fair few months but I've done it I managed to get an engine change, new turbo, clutch and timing kit And a few other parts all fitted and car is running
With no power loss at all if anything it feels a little quicker because the engine has 40k less on it :)!

Anyway I have a BIG PROBLEM!!
There is a warning light on the dash, it's a triangle with an exclamation mark inside or a circle can't remember and its leaking power steering fluid. (25mil a day maybe ?! ) any ideas what to do to check (I have to keep topping up the fluid)

Check where the puddle is and work from there?

PAS pipes leak on 1.8t's... the one the runs in front of the sump is the favourite... did you disturb/undo any pipes when fitting the engine? would imagine there were a fair few moved so need to just look for leaks...

Picture of the symbol on the dash would help but generally speaking red is 'bad'

Scan for fault codes too... Instruments should log the fault code

<tuffty/>

ok... re-read the post... the warning light is ESP... its off for some reason.. maybe the MAF is unplugged or there is another fault so a scan with VCDS is needed

<tuffty/>

After open heart surgery like you've had I would get underneath and check all the joiners on the PAS pipes. In particular, check the thin metal pipe that runs from side to side of the subframe.