My s3 at crail

yeah its ma m8,s rs remaped, tb miltek, filter plus he had the bk seats out 2, 13.9 with a passenger, dont really know if thats good or bad?? lol, raced my other m8,s mk2 rs focus beat him 2 couldnt get the power down, 4wd the boyy :yes:

Hi Paul,

How were you launching off the line at Crail? I am planning to go there this weekend with a few boys.

Thanks

it's amazing how quick the s3 is off the line if you get the launch right. There was a guy from overseas who posted some YouTube footage on here a fair while ago with him beating Evo's and all sorts. Good skills.

...Think I spotted you going into Darvel Sun night?

Have itttttttttttttt, lol, talk about no poke huh

Yeah my m8 with a mk2 rs was like revo knuckle is the way to go?? i was like na m8, 4wd s3 is the way to go, showed that when i pumped him all day long :asskicking:

PAUL LAIRD S3
13.920 sec sec
0.449 sec
2.057 sec
102.0 mph mph
Left lane

ANDY CLOTWORTHY Focus mk2 rs
14.823 sec sec
0.339 sec
2.903 sec
105.4 mph mph
Right lane :rock::rock::rock::rock: shows here crail website

I went to crail the session before on 20th sept. I only have the MTM Stage 1 remap done and the best time i got was:

H Hassan Audi S3
13.912 sec (1/4 Mile Time)
0.388 sec (Reaction Time)
1.987 sec (0-60ft Time)
100.9 mph (Max Speed)
Left lane

Hutchin - Corsa VXR
16.212 sec (1/4 Mile Time)
0.413 sec (Reaction Time)
2.668 sec (0-60ft Time)
85.6 mph (Max Speed)
Right lane

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=181&RunDate=20090920&RaceID=899

However there was a standard Audi TT-S which did it in 13.513 secs, I don't get it why the almost half a sec difference:

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=58&RunDate=20090906&RaceID=540

Haz

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that you don't need 4WD in these modern hatches (bar the lightweight ones perhaps) needs to have a look at that.

Spot on.

If the average driver wants to be able to access all of the power, all of the time, in all weather, on Uk roads, on a day to day real world basis then you need 4wd IMO.
The S3 is ruthlessly efficient in this regard.
Whether everyone thinks that represents `fun` is another debate.

cheers
Paul

Oh yeah FUN is a different thing altogether! My mate has just bought a Golf Mk1 1300 Driver, bought some rear shocks and springs for £20 at Edition38 and it handles fantastically. He loves it more than his scooby!

4wd aint the be all and end all, how many people actually launch there car everyday and everytime they set off?

No doubting in the wet its good but you cant knock FWD, cheaper and quicker when rolling plus they are easier on clutches and transmission.

Swings and roundbouts.

4wd aint the be all and end all, how many people actually launch there car everyday and everytime they set off?

No doubting in the wet its good but you cant knock FWD, cheaper and quicker when rolling plus they are easier on clutches and transmission.

Swings and roundbouts.

Swings and roundabouts indeed.
Wouldnt knock fwd neither, because 4wd is good doesnt mean fwd is bad.

Ive gone from a 250bhp fwd MK5 Golf to 265 S3...then 300+bhp S3.
And I would have another remapped Golf anyday.

But the everyday benefits of 4wd are very apparent.

For me being able to use the cars power when I feel like it in any situation and conditions is worth every penny.
And Ive never tracked or been a traffic light grand prix warrior. (well not much...)

And I got more life out of my S3 clutch than the Golf`s but thats a VAG lottery anyway.

cheers
Paul

Yeah my m8 with a mk2 rs was like revo knuckle is the way to go?? i was like na m8, 4wd s3 is the way to go, showed that when i pumped him all day long :asskicking:

You did what to him all day long, everyone to there own I guess :lmfao:

I went to crail the session before on 20th sept. I only have the MTM Stage 1 remap done and the best time i got was:

H Hassan Audi S3
13.912 sec (1/4 Mile Time)
0.388 sec (Reaction Time)
1.987 sec (0-60ft Time)
100.9 mph (Max Speed)
Left lane

Hutchin - Corsa VXR
16.212 sec (1/4 Mile Time)
0.413 sec (Reaction Time)
2.668 sec (0-60ft Time)
85.6 mph (Max Speed)
Right lane

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=181&RunDate=20090920&RaceID=899

However there was a standard Audi TT-S which did it in 13.513 secs, I don't get it why the almost half a sec difference:

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=58&RunDate=20090906&RaceID=540

Haz

Hi Haz,

Was that time with the MTM remap? Also agree that Baz's time in the TT-S was very impressive.

Hi Haz,

Was that time with the MTM remap? Also agree that Baz's time in the TT-S was very impressive.

Hi mate,

Yes that time was with the MTM remap but was hoping it be be faster since I got 14.075 secs without the remap a month ago. I did have some crap starts so maybe I not to good at getting the car going of the line lol.

Haz

My friend recently ran a 14.7 in his 190bhp Integra at the pod.
Is 13.9 good for a tuned S3?

Hi mate,

Yes that time was with the MTM remap but was hoping it be be faster since I got 14.075 secs without the remap a month ago. I did have some crap starts so maybe I not to good at getting the car going of the line lol.

Haz

Hi Mate,

Was at Crail on Sunday just passed and I also had the same issues with my starts. Car always bogs down as soon as I launch no matter how much RPM I hold it at. Best time I could manage was 14.025. My 60 ft times were all around 2.5 secs which is bad!

PAUL LAIRD S3
13.920 sec sec
0.449 sec
2.057 sec
102.0 mph mph
Left lane

ANDY CLOTWORTHY Focus mk2 rs
14.823 sec sec
0.339 sec
2.903 sec
105.4 mph mph
Right lane :rock::rock::rock::rock: shows here crail website

Those figures show that your mate isn't the best at getting the RS off the line, as a 2.9 60ft is absolutely shocking!!! He should be looking at 2.2/2.3's for a decent time which would make a huge difference.
It also shows that on these runs, his was actually the faster car once on the move, as he is crossing the line 3.4mph quicker than yours :sorry:. But then again that depends whether he was on his own or not, as you had a passenger. I can never understand why people go to Crail to try and get there best time and then run with a mate in the passenger seat on all their runs??? Maybe do one or two runs if you want to video, but you will be a good deal slower..:tocktock:
Car looks mint though mate, have to say :icon_thumright: I would imagine that VXR owner would of been looking for a new clutch come monday morning too.. :crying:

yeah he crossed the line quicker bec he has 360bhp to my 305bhp plus like hundreds more torque and a extra cylinder, plus he was just spining all the way up the quarter, raced him to show u cant beat 4wd to get the power down, The rs has been maped, decat, intercooler, filter, to my map and filter:lmfao:

Nice one then fella.. Thought the terminal speed was quite high for a standard one.. Stiill an awful launch on his side though, obviously not feeding the power in to well.. lol