1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My S1 Build

Martin_H Sep 9, 2017

1. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

Hi, just joined the S1 club, and so far this car is the most evil little thing i have owned.

Full Quattro package except the big spoiler sadly :(

Runin kat delete and BSR softwere leaving arround 310 PS and it is really movin this little hatch :)

So far i also installed H&R springs, some custom wraping.

Attached Files:

2. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 DSG

Love the S1, good choice!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

3. SPIKE_S1

SPIKE_S1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep TeamMisano Team Daytona Gold Supporter

Lovely looking S1. Do you have the springs fitted in the pics? Looks like standard ride height.

4. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

I thought that too SPIKE_S1

I keep considering the H&R Springs but actually don't mind the ride height on the S1 so it would probably be a waste of money as I don't need a firmer ride with the shocking conditions of our roads

5. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

Springs in place, looks so mutch better.

Attached Files:

6. GeeOh

GeeOh New Member Team Vegas Yellow Audi S1

Glad you are liking the S1 - I'm almost 3k miles in, and still love to drive it every day.

7. lfcrule1972

That does look good - apologies for what my be an obvious question but, does fitting smaller springs affect the dynamic/eco/auto ride settings ?

8. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

Hi, just using springs doesnt affect the dynamic suspension, the car feels just like stock springs but sits lower.

So awfully firm in dynamic mode that i feel shorter for every ride :p

9. lfcrule1972

I love Dynamic mode :)

10. SPIKE_S1

What drop do the springs give you - 30mm?

11. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

25 / 30 according to H&R

12. willh92

willh92 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Brilliant Black Audi S1

Lower springs would put more strain on the shocks though, and they'd eventually give up earlier than at standard height. It does look a lot better for being an inch lower though!

Spacers next?

13. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

I dont know how many cars i had but it is many, and all of them had some type of lowering, many with coilovers but some with springs, and i have never ever broken a shockabsorber so im not so worried.

Runing 15mm spacers in back now and 10 in front, looking for some options to try to get the car lowered 10mm more but dont know witch way to go :p

And 19" rims when ever i find something worth buying with 5/100 :)

14. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

Some job done,

Attached Files:

15. willh92

willh92 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Brilliant Black Audi S1

Is your boot wrapped matte black?

16. SPIKE_S1

Wow, that is some serious tyre stretching going on!

17. scottiboy

scottiboy Member

Looks superb Martin, sits perfectly

18. AbyssDK

AbyssDK New Member

Thats sitting pretty flush, looks great!

19. superplumb

superplumb Member

What are the wheels?

20. Martin_H

Martin_H New Member

Finally got my hands on A Quqttro exterior spoiler, if someone else considers to install one, find one in the right colour, beacuse it was not ment to be splited again... NASA graid glue made it a bitch to split before paint :p

Attached Files: