1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My S-Line A1 order has been cancelled :( - ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

Discussion in 'A1 forum' started by adamck, Aug 13, 2012.

1. adamck

adamck Member

Hi Guys.
    So i had ordered an A1 S-Line Amalfi White with a black roof, brand new ready for sept delivery (62 plate).
    But the dealer has failed to secure the car :(

So i now have no car... he can get me a new one but its 4 months waiting list...

He has however... found a PX A1 S-Line in Amalfi white!

Spec is:

A1 S-Line Amalfi white (with white roof)
    7000 Miles
    61 Plate
    Technology Pack (yeah the whopping expensive Sat Nav kit)
    Comfort Pack (parking sensors etc...)

and it works out £2000 less overall and the extras are worth £2000 odd.

The only things im gutted about is the roof and pillars not being black, but i do have a qualification in vinyl wrapping, so i could do that myself in black vinyl.
    And the Xenon Plus package which i was hoping for... i really wanted the LED running lights, but been told its impossible for them to fit them out of the factory :(

What would you guys do?

Anything extra i could/should ask for?
    Is it true they cannot order and fit the Xenon plus kit?
    He said if i can source the lights he can arrange having them programmed for free by them...

He also said it wouldn't affect warranty.

Please help!
  2. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

I would start by going to the 2nd nearest Audi garage & buying from them. They've messed up & don't deserve the sale. Followed by a letter to Audi's head office. Good luck mate!
  3. adamck

adamck Member

The car was in the UK port, already built and he did say he needed to secure it for me today, but he did pressure me to pay my deposit etc... yesterday and was a little pushy about it, not wanting me to think about it for an hour or so...

I am tempted at the new offer, just dont know if i should be getting a better deal from them or any more extras for the hassle etc..

My next nearest is Liverpool, who didnt really give me the time of day... they wouldnt even show me the car and only gave me a brochure (which didnt have the model in it that i was looking at).
    I felt like they saw me and thought i was just 'Some kid' dreaming, but to their loss i just bought an S-Line from preston due to this failure by them...

So now the balls in my court... surely i can ask for some freebies? just what??

I want the Xenon plus lights lol

The offer on the NEW one was

246.69/month over 48 months
    + 8217 final

the used one is

254.27/month over 48 months
    +5887 final

What you guys think?
  4. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

Try another dealer and go for the one you want, as you will end up wishing you would have waited anyway. Well that's how I feel if I was going to pay all that money out I would want it exactly how I chose it.
  5. colicabcadam

colicabcadam Guest

be patient and go somewhere else....

also write to audi UK, i bet you can get an option thrown in for free
  6. Spider

Spider Member

If they gave you a date then it's down to them to give you a loan car until it turns up
  7. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hmmm. If I was cynical, I'd suggest that as this was a 'stock built' car - i.e. it was manufactured and in Audi UK 'stock' before you'd finalised an order for it - what might've happened is that the dealer had someone else in yesterday waving hot pound notes in a sweaty little fist; leading to their leaning on, and ultimately 'not being able to secure the car' for you.

Luckily, I'm not. Hah.

I'm about two cigarettes away from a trip to the shop. I'm half tempted to swing-by Preston Audi on the way (with a moderate tailwind I could throw a tennis ball from here to there) and -as a friendly and helpful Administrator thinking of their PR- point out that they're not covering themselves in glory on this one.

It's a shame to hear you're having headaches from them because they've done fairly well in the brownie-point stakes when I've dealt with them lately.

R
  8. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

^^^ what he said, they're taking the pi$$

If you buy the car without the spec you asked for, you'll never be happy or feel as if it's your own choice. They seem to be trying to fob you off! Tell the stealer to kiss your prized rump & that you're going to give your money to someone that will actually give you what you ask for ...maybe then he'll get the message you're not to be trifled with.
  9. maninthestreet

maninthestreet Member

Surely the reason the dealer 'failed to secure the car' was because you didn't pay the required deposit?
  10. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

What deposit was he after?
  11. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

Don't get the used car because it's not what you want. You'll be always thinking i should of got the other one!