My Rieger Update...

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Finally got chance to Give my motor a good Clean. Updated pics as promised.
Still a couple of bits a Need to sort, one being Im not happy with the mesh, need some Closer knit style (which Im in the process of looking for) and I forgot to matt black the red bits you can see through the mesh which was done when I originally had the bottom half colour coded before the rieger....:ermm: .

Apart from that and the crappy cam making it look a little wrong in colour, Comments welcome.Cheers:icon_thumright:
100_1128.jpg

100_1118.jpg

100_1117.jpg

100_1115.jpg

100_1111.jpg

100_1113.jpg

Looks good. :yes:
On the mesh........ Venom Motorsport sell some 135cm x 30cm.
Have a look under exteior styling and race mesh.

I like the front but the holes in the back bumper look too big for me.
I would have it like this.Its a bit rough but you get the idea.
rieger2.jpg

Dont look too bad actually james, you done well mate.

Im going to Fill it up with some better mesh and someone suggested spraying a dust of red over the mesh but im not too sure on that one.:think:

great work j7... i have just come in from fitting new rs4 18inchers and toyo proxr1's. great grip. ..... can anyone help???? dont want body kit but need something done to the sides... where can i get some of those lower door panels/trims like the b6 and b7 s4???? anyone know what they are called??? my yarmouth bloater is a grey b6...colourcoded of course with audi oe sports suspension... which i am delighted to say does the job with the new 18's perfectly. HELP!!!:hubbahubba:

Looking good, i think it needs a really thick black mesh. Like the stuff on the rs4

Randomjim said:
Looking good, i think it needs a really thick black mesh. Like the stuff on the rs4

Good Suggestion mate. Im going to look into that,:icon_thumright:

Randomjim said:

Yes that's what it needs.

It looks fantastic though. The filled in rear bumper pic' just looks wrong.

I think you should paint the rear of the silencers matt black. It will help with the look. You might not even need thicker mesh then because you won't be able to see into the mesh and behind the bumper. (If you know what I mean)

I painted my Millteks and it changed the whole look of the back end. It made the tailpipes stand out and helped to create the illusion that the pipes were better aligned too...........

Milltek_100_s.sized.jpg

BUB

yeah, do some matt blacking behind the bumper and get some rs4 type mesh, it will look really good. like the overall look of the bodykit, seems to fit well. good work!

bubstar said:
Yes that's what it needs.

It looks fantastic though. The filled in rear bumper pic' just looks wrong.

I think you should paint the rear of the silencers matt black. It will help with the look. You might not even need thicker mesh then because you won't be able to see into the mesh and behind the bumper. (If you know what I mean

BUB

Hmmm, never thought of that, Wouldnt the Matt black flake off the Silencer though???

:think:

hmmm still not liking the back bumper. deffo need some better mesh as suggested

chris_20 said:
hmmm still not liking the back bumper. deffo need some better mesh as suggested

As the good old mcdonald says...Im loving it!!!

Trying to find some better mesh now, apart from the mesh thing, It'll do me to a tee.

Hopefully I can stop spending on it now:think:

Mcgough said:
well my reiger kit still aint arrived, 2 weeks late!!

What they say about it, I went through a UK dealer who deals direct with rieger, Just for that little assurance.

Shouldnt have taken that long surely...

J7USS said:
Hmmm, never thought of that, Wouldnt the Matt black flake off the Silencer though???

:think:

Halfords high temp matt black paint.

Make sure you clean the silencers and degrease them well, key them up with some P320 grit paper and you're done!

Been on for a year and no probs at all. The ends don't really get that hot TBH.

BUB

You could also just use some hammerite to paint them, lots of people in the VW world are using it in their engine bays mate.

Your car is really making me want one!!!!!!