My Race Car Wannabe

Justincredible

Reaction score
Instead of laying around and watching Christmas movies all day long...
I thought Id do something productive and start getting the car ready for the new engine.
Got it up on the jack stands and the engine/tranny unbolted and all the wiring and hoses unhooked.
Its ready to pull the engine/tranny out, first thing tomorrow.

A 414 cubic inch (7 liter), custom built short block is on the way.:rock:

[URL="http://host.stangsource.com/Justincredible/racecarwannabe/DSC00313.jpg"][URL="http://host.stangsource.com/Justincredible/racecarwannabe/DSC00313.jpg"][/URL][/URL]
[URL="http://host.stangsource.com/Justincredible/racecarwannabe/DSC00314.jpg"][URL="http://host.stangsource.com/Justincredible/racecarwannabe/DSC00314.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

You sir, are a nutcase!

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Do you reckon your old block would fit in an A3? ;)

PPS> (To save TDI some time)- that's a nice roll-cab you have there.

Rob, mate's got a 429 cubic inch going begging if you fancy a challenge!

Justin, is that the Ford 427 (as in Cobra 427)? Please don't tell me you'll be putting the NO2 on the new lump as well!?! :tocktock: :respekt: :scared2:

FactionOne said:
You sir, are a nutcase!

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Do you reckon your old block would fit in an A3? ;)

PPS> (To save TDI some time)- that's a nice roll-cab you have there.

You wouldnt want the old block.
The #4 piston and rod exited through the cylender wall and onto the track. lol

Thanks for the complament on the rollcage.
Without it, the engine would of twisted the unibody frame into a pretzel long ago.

joost said:
Rob, mate's got a 429 cubic inch going begging if you fancy a challenge!

Justin, is that the Ford 427 (as in Cobra 427)? Please don't tell me you'll be putting the NO2 on the new lump as well!?! :tocktock: :respekt: :scared2:

Mmmmm. 429 "big block". Those were great engines.
They're getting harder and harder to find over here.

The 427 I refered to would not of been the same as the Cobra 427. The Cobra 427 was a FE Series "big block".
The 427 I was going to build would of been based off of a Windsor "small block".
With that said...I decided to change the bore-stroke ratio at the last minuet.
The new engine is going to be a 414. It will have a 4.125" bore and a 4 inch stroke. This 414 setup has less rod angle on the cylender wall (less piston to cylender friction) and provides exceptional longevity over the 427 option. (good thing I did my homework before I orderd the parts)
Perfect expample of "bigger is not always better"

And yes...I will be spraying this combo with alot of nitrous. lol

It should make around 400-500 bhp naturaly aspirated and between 850-950 bhp with both stages of nitrous.

Justincredible said:
And yes...I will be spraying this combo with alot of nitrous. lol

It should make around 400-500 bhp naturaly aspirated and between 850-950 bhp with both stages of nitrous.
***! :lmfao:

I previously said that without corners it takes away half the fun but f*ck trying to power out a corner with that kinda power! :scared2: lol

Peloton said:
***! :lmfao:

I previously said that without corners it takes away half the fun but f*ck trying to power out a corner with that kinda power! :scared2: lol

This cars days of going around corners are long gone.

The suspension and chassis setup is totaly dedicated to the art of applying all that hp to the ground (in a straight line) via a somewhat small tire (28" tall x 10.5" wide racing slick).

One could compare it to trying to go straight while wearing a set of roller skates and holding onto a jet engine. lol

Hopefully...one of these days...Id like to build a road race car. I used to have a Porsche 944s and even though it wasnt very quick, it did go around corners like it was on rails and it had the best breaks of any car I had owned up to that point.
That car gave me an appreciation of the art of driving around curvey roads at speed and the value of a great breaking system.
Had loads of fun in that car untill it met its fate with a cow that was sleeping in the road on a foggy dark night.
Cow laying in road > Porsche 944s :sob: