My Phantom.

Wayners247

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought id put up a thread for my S5. Picked it up Saturday and love it. Here are some pics.

APR S5 1 Update

APR S5 2 Update

1795700 10151884197685807 1113888281 n

You will notice the top 2 pics are at Awesome in the diag bay. Fear not, its not got any problems its being checked for APR mapping ;)

Reactions: Shrek5, Audi Dynamik, DAYTONA 500 and 2 others
Nice one; no messing around.

I've been in contact with Revo about getting mine done once it turns up. It's a good car but I feel there is much more potential to be had than in the factory map, just needs a bit of extra 'zing'!

At c.400bhp feels like it should have done from factory really.

Fantastic customer service received from the HQ over the last 9 years. I have tried other brands in the middle (AmD / MTM) but neither have measured up for me, and within weeks I've gone back and got the car re-remapped with Revo (nothing ventured nothing gained)

I'm not overly fond of APR's business practices, I think they make some fantastic products (I've had a pump and an intake which was very good), but I just find Revo far more approachable / friendlier as an organisation to deal with.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Looks great and another S5 on the forum :icon_thumright:

Reactions: warren_S5 and Wayners247
Welcome the car looks good and as Snake says another S5 on the forum,enjoy.

Reactions: Wayners247
Quick graph after APR map applied

pFtdqG8.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and warren_S5
Nice one; looking a lot healthier. How's it feel on the road; much better I take it.

yea much livelier without taking away from the way it drives.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Spot on. To me the car feels quick, but is just lacking a bit of urgency from factory so needs something to sharpen it up a touch.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ha ha you Guys :)

I love how 333 bhp and 4.9 secs to 60mph requires 'enhancement' ... it's great !

I do know what you mean though, the car handles the factory power with consummate ease and whilst it is rapid even I can tell it could take a lot more power in its stride.

your cars will be amazing !!

Car looks quality. Love the fact it's been straight in and mapped, quite a step up in power too.

Bet she drives fantastically now. Big fan of the v6 S5.

Very nice car indeed :thumbsup:
I do recognize the third picture very well, Can you just confirm where it is ?
As you must be near me anyway to get it remapped at Awesome.

Nice motor mate, See this has just confirmed for me now I was going to px my e46 m3 for a 2007 rs4 but I think I will go for a 2010 s4 saloon or s5 facelift with the 3.0 tfsi engine the results with just a map are amazing and I bet it's just as fast if not faster than the 07 rs4!

Sean

Very nice car indeed :thumbsup:
I do recognize the third picture very well, Can you just confirm where it is ?
As you must be near me anyway to get it remapped at Awesome.

Pub called the gray mare on the grain road between blackburn and bury :)

Car is great now, dropped her off at miglior last night for the new car prep but its gonna need some serious correction work as the paint is a disgrace.

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
Pub called the gray mare on the grain road between blackburn and bury :)

Car is great now, dropped her off at miglior last night for the new car prep but its gonna need some serious correction work as the paint is a disgrace.

Ahh right i was thinking more Owd Betts but i know the grain road very well, Forever speed camera vans on there ! I have been caught speeding on there myself with one of them when i went to get my Dynamik remapped ! Ive been to the gray mare a few years ago and i didn't like the food there at all and im not really a fussy one, might of improved now though. Also saw Chesney off Corrie in there.

Anyway back to the subject.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures after it has been to the detailers :thumbsup:

1780019_596269770466536_2126275819_o.jpg

After detailing :)

Have to say its so much better now, the work Jay has done is spot on.

The stage 1 remap continues to impress me!

Reactions: THQuattro, Shrek5, scotty76 and 1 other person
Lovely car, I have actually been following this on the Miglior facebook page.

Results really are great, can't believe the condition the car came out the factory.

Car's looking great now is the time to enjoy it. If was me i would be asking the supplying dealer to foot the bill, the car's paintwork was in a shocking state they need to explain why they find it acceptable to present a brand new car in that way,i can see by the number plates it's an Inchcape supplied car can you name the dealer so others are aware that their new cars could be in the same or even worse condition

That's a hell of a turnaround from where it started out; who the hell are dealers using to apply the 'magic' treatments. Glad it's all sorted now, looks fantastic.

That really does look fantastic !

Now the hard work is keeping it looking that way :)

A few updates.

I have an order for an APR RSC exhaust going through, it will be a few weeks until its ready however.
Carbonio, KW Adjustable Height Springs and ST Spacers (because they are black).

Should see me through for a few months until Stage2+ is on there.

Make sure you get the pictures up! Sounds like it's going to be a beast.

You are Warren are certainly on the same wave length :blackrs4::blackrs4:

Your cars are gonna be like frickin black stealth fighters by the time you are both done :cool:

Pitty anyone who tries to out drag you Guys from the lights :icon_thumright:

Reactions: warren_S5 and Wayners247
Small update, big-ish image.

10006073_10151982088575807_36975215462849542_o.jpg

APR Carbonio Stage 1 and Stage 2 intake pipes fitted. Allows a little bit of the supercharger whine to be audible and throttle response is greatly increased!!

The airbox is second hand, hence the colour difference. Im going to buff it up this week and see how it comes out.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and warren_S5
Very nice. I bought one of those intakes for my first S3 (from Awesome GTi) some years back. Didn't know you could get one for an S5.

Can indeed warren!

I was worried at first about how obvious the supercharger would be audibly after, but its just right and sounds great. Nothing too outrageous.

let me know if you want one :D ;)

Reactions: warren_S5
Dare I ask how much they are?!?!

Audi B8 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI Stage I Air box CI100023 £349.00+vat £418.80 inc vat
Audi B8 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI Stage II Back Pipe Only CI100024 £149.00+vat £178.80 inc vat

Quite a lot, depending on how you look at it.

Wow, 600 sheets.

It's a very nice kit, that's indisputable, but as my bonnet rarely gets opened it would be an extravagance too far for me at that price. I thought the S3 ITG kit was pricey (high 3's). I'd wholly under-estimated how far prices could be stretched for the addition of 2 cylinders on the S4/5 cars! I just looked at a valved Milltek on A5OC and they want £2600 (mind you I'm not alone in the view that is a bridge too far pricewise by the look of the thread).

I've obviously got champagne tastes and pi$$ money! A very nice unit, and if I had a windfall I'd consider it as it looks one of the most sympathetic to OEM designs I've seen (OEM+).

Love the remap... so, so tempted, Warren in particular is a bad influence. ;) :p

Think I'm too much of a wuss though and worried about the warranty (or rather lack of it after the remap) to go through with it.

Wow, 600 sheets.

It's a very nice kit, that's indisputable, but as my bonnet rarely gets opened it would be an extravagance too far for me at that price. I thought the S3 ITG kit was pricey (high 3's). I'd wholly under-estimated how far prices could be stretched for the addition of 2 cylinders on the S4/5 cars! I just looked at a valved Milltek on A5OC and they want £2600 (mind you I'm not alone in the view that is a bridge too far pricewise by the look of the thread).

I've obviously got champagne tastes and pi$$ money! A very nice unit, and if I had a windfall I'd consider it as it looks one of the most sympathetic to OEM designs I've seen (OEM+).

I couldnt agree more. I think there is an 'S' tax on the audi s models. similar to when I had my mk4 and mk5 r32, alot of parts were interchangeable between models but as soon as you add R32 to the mix they sometimes quadruple the price!

Love the remap... so, so tempted, Warren in particular is a bad influence. ;) :p

Think I'm too much of a wuss though and worried about the warranty (or rather lack of it after the remap) to go through with it.

You shouldn't worry about the remap, its been confirmed that if you have the vehicle flashed back to stock its untraceable :)

You shouldn't worry about the remap, its been confirmed that if you have the vehicle flashed back to stock its untraceable :)

Hmmm... I thought the latest ECU's tripped a flag (TD1) that even if flashed back to standard remained tripped? Also thought they logged more parameters so other flags could be set even if you used a tuning box which would normally be undetectable.

If however it was really true... then one more reason not to do it goes away.

Hmmm... I thought the latest ECU's tripped a flag (TD1) that even if flashed back to standard remained tripped? Also thought they logged more parameters so other flags could be set even if you used a tuning box which would normally be undetectable.

If however it was really true... then one more reason not to do it goes away.

I know that APR have done tests and found out the above to be true..

I've read so much conflicting stuff on the web about TD1 I almost don't know what to believe anymore.

I believe the dealer could check the logs in the ECU to see if running parameters had exceeded the specified operating parameters, but I 'think' this is something they would only do in the event of a significant failure investigation (e.g. llBen RS5 engine failure scenario). Most techs struggle to fill the washer bottle, let alone perform active log reviews, so I'm not hugely concerned about that part.

However, whether there is something that could be auto picked up and logged at factory as part of software update (you're going to have to get car serviced whilst the map is on the car)?????

In 14 years of mapping I've been lucky (kiss of death!), but because I over-service and lavish excessive care on warm up / cool down regimes I think my exposure level is lower than some others to major catastrophic failure. That said, look at llBen, it can happen.

Hard part is when it's a £50k S5 it's a much bigger decision than a £30k S3 as the implications of costs could be vast if the worst happens.

I've read so much conflicting stuff on the web about TD1 I almost don't know what to believe anymore.

I believe the dealer could check the logs in the ECU to see if running parameters had exceeded the specified operating parameters, but I 'think' this is something they would only do in the event of a significant failure investigation (e.g. llBen RS5 engine failure scenario). Most techs struggle to fill the washer bottle, let alone perform active log reviews, so I'm not hugely concerned about that part.

However, whether there is something that could be auto picked up and logged at factory as part of software update (you're going to have to get car serviced whilst the map is on the car)?????

In 14 years of mapping I've been lucky (kiss of death!), but because I over-service and lavish excessive care on warm up / cool down regimes I think my exposure level is lower than some others to major catastrophic failure. That said, look at llBen, it can happen.

Hard part is when it's a £50k S5 it's a much bigger decision than a £30k S3 as the implications of costs could be vast if the worst happens.

It can be a difficult situation for people. I see it in a few ways.

You are buying a car and if you are like we are, we want to play with and toy with it. (at the risk of warranty)
You own the car and should be free to modify it in anyway you wish...

I understand however that Audi cant be held accountable for warranty if a part has been modified; However its all too easy for them to just point the finger and blame at mod x, y or z rather than getting conclusive evidence that the modified part was the cause of the failure.

When I turned up with 19" (OEM) RS3 rotors on my S3 and complained of transmission whine my local Audi dealer just laughed me out of the garage! Thankfully it ended up being the common issue of Golf platformed cars wearing the inner tyre walls when they run oversized / heavy wheels. The dealers are so quick to throw their toys out the pram (as a get out of jail free card), I can see people's concerns.

My overriding thought is if they can't give me a satisfactory product from factory I will have to tweak it considerately and within certain parameters. When I'm spending significant sums of money I don't feel inclined to be dictated to by a main dealer who can't diagnose a faulty spark plug. The VAG indies / tuners have been more helpful in my 7 years as an Audi customer than the dealer network.