My parents neighbours "drive"

sat1983

Reaction score
Alright for some isn't it!!

audiref2jm5.jpg

audisref3qp6.jpg

audisrefsq3.jpg

cabrefoj8.jpg

I saw an A3 cab the other day, looked absolutely horrible, the 40 something business man driving it looked like rather silly I must say.

If I was to have all 4, i'd have the following engines in em':

A4 - 3.0TDI Quattro (CR)
A3 Cabriolet - 2.0TFSI
A3 SB - 2.0TDI
BMW 330D

I would have gone for a little variation! Don't really see much point to that car collection to be honest. I have no idea why you'd buy an A4 and A3 sportback AND a BMW coupe (all quite basic models i think).
I can only assume some one here works in the car industry because there's no way you'd spend your own money on those....Just my opinion!

I would have gone for a little variation! Don't really see much point to that car collection to be honest. I have no idea why you'd buy an A4 and A3 sportback AND a BMW coupe (all quite basic models i think).
I can only assume some one here works in the car industry because there's no way you'd spend your own money on those....Just my opinion!

Mum, Dad, son and daughter perhaps? Dad = A4, mum a3 SB, Daughter A3 cab, son BM.

J.

Not Sheffield peeps, my parents are in France. But yeah Sheffield is far sunnier that any part of France.

Actually i like the new stubby shaped nose on the A4. A lot meaner and solid looking than the old, quite feminine looking A4 front end.. Bodes well for the RS4...

All my family drive black cars... Mum, dad, sister, me, my wife....

Funnily enough, my parents both have black cars too, and their previous cars were both silver. My older brother also has a black car and my younger one has a silver one. I suppose when somebody else in the family has a particular coloured car you may be more inclined to go for the same one.

I must be the odd-ball in our family with my misano red one.

One for the older members here, but it must be like a scene from 'Butterflies' when one of them wants to go out...

I saw an A3 cab the other day, looked absolutely horrible, the 40 something business man driving it looked like rather silly I must say.

yeah ,a bloke at the end of my road just traded his A4 cab for one, at first I hoped his A4 was in for a service but the A3 seems to still be there, it is just nasty, I had hoped it would look better in the flesh but, sadly not

Audi must have seen the 1 series coupe, and thought 'how can we make a car uglier than that?'

I do find that most of you exagerate on the A3 cab topic. How the hell is it THAT ugly!! The roof has been chopped off that's all. Of course if soft tops aren't your thing you ain't going to like it, but if they are there is nothing wrong with the way the cab looks....

some cars look ok as a cab, some don't

the A3 cab reminds me of a fiat punto cab -

Agree, its not THAT ugly but its got looks that only its mother could like

I do find that most of you exagerate on the A3 cab topic. How the hell is it THAT ugly!! The roof has been chopped off that's all. Of course if soft tops aren't your thing you ain't going to like it, but if they are there is nothing wrong with the way the cab looks....

It's not 'ugly', it's just very camp and totally unnecessary. No self respecting grown man can drive around in britain with the roof down on that thing. The back end looks a bit saggy with the top down and i'd imagine the back seat is a horrible place to be when the roof is up.

To be honest, i can't think of anything good to say about it. Just buy a lightly used A4 cab for god sake.

Most sub £25k soft tops are camp though (including the mx5 imo)... You can just about get away with owning your Astons and Jag soft tops if you're a fella.

Most sub £25k soft tops are camp though (including the mx5 imo)... You can just about get away with owning your Astons and Jag soft tops if you're a fella.

Yes, small soft top cars are camp as christmas, no matter what make and model. Even the Carrera, SL500 and AMV8 become rather limp wristed with the top down.
Although when you get into supercar territory e.g. DB9, Gallardo spyder, F430 spyder, Zonda convertible, RR phantom drophead etc etc etc... I think you can easily get away with one without looking camp.

Audi must have seen the 1 series coupe, and thought 'how can we make a car uglier than that?'

Amen to that, we have a 123D here.
Not only is it ugly, it's tiny.
The bloke that owns it is a good 6'4" too
He looks a right plum in it.

Well I must be one of the few that actually like the looks of the 1 series coupe, someone by me has one in black and I think it looks the dogs.

J.

Just to clarify, which 1 series coupe are we talking about?
There's a 2 door version that looks just like the saloon...but with 2 doors.
Then there's the one I'm referring to, which is this.
I just think this thing looks odd.
Like a Japanese micro car, or something.

1-series-6-07-07.jpg

Lets get it right....The LAST thing you want to do as a car manufacturer is make one model appear to be a 'poor man's' version of another. Porsche are the worst culprits of this by making every model look like a carrera but.... just not as good quite simply.
The Audi range is pretty well sorted. The A3 is a totally different animal to the A4, the A4 is a more practical solution for most than the monster A6, the A6 suits a big family with a dog and the A8 is just a fat cat limo. Then obviously there's the TT, R8 and Q7 which are all niche cars. So every model pretty much knows it's place. None are better than the other....They're just different.

On the other hand what BMW have done here is made a poor mans 3 series coupe. Can't see any other way of looking at it. God knows why they did it.

I don't see why BMW make a 3 door 1-series (see below) and a 1-series coupe.

design_exterior.jpg

Bowfer, the only reason that car exists is to trap buyers who can't stretch to a 3 series coupe. Like killing 2 bird with 1 stone. Instead of letting those buyers slip away to another manufacturer, lets make a half fat version all be it a pig ugly one.

Thats the one I like the look of, although in red it does look awful. In black, M sport looks good to me!

J.

me too, white one in the carpark here looks blooming sweet, something I never thought I would say when I first saw it............

Well I am very much looking forward to getting my ugly looking liquid blue S-line A3 cabrio 2.0 stronic with virtualy every extra that Audi fit at the end of the month & I don't care a **** if I look like a prat behind the wheel.:hubbahubba:

Well I am very much looking forward to getting my ugly looking liquid blue S-line A3 cabrio 2.0 stronic with virtualy every extra that Audi fit at the end of the month & I don't care a **** if I look like a prat behind the wheel.:hubbahubba:

Come on then, how much did it cost....:scared2:

Interested to know how you could have every extra too, seeings as even audi can't figure out which options can be fitted to which car

HAHAH Marc, thats not quite true but I know what your saying! ;)

It's not 'ugly', it's just very camp and totally unnecessary. No self respecting grown man can drive around in britain with the roof down on that thing. The back end looks a bit saggy with the top down and i'd imagine the back seat is a horrible place to be when the roof is up.

To be honest, i can't think of anything good to say about it. Just buy a lightly used A4 cab for god sake.
:iagree: A4 Cab is a fine looking car, as was the old 80 Cab.