my oil catch can floe diagram picture

oldcar

Reaction score
Folks, here is my begining of 1000km trial, as I will replace the outlet tube with clear one tommorow to make sure the catch can is doing its job. After I installed the catch can, the
Oil catch can
spool sound has changed a little, but still quite unique. By the way, I used all heavy duty parts/pipes and it should last.....any comments are welcome...

What's the metal canister metal ties behind the fpr?

Reactions: oldcar
What's the metal canister metal ties behind the fpr?
Well observed...I called it "Boost buffer tank", dnt make it too big otherwise will blow up your engine. This tube gives an extra of approx 3psi.

Well observed...I called it "Boost buffer tank", dnt make it too big otherwise will blow up your engine. This tube gives an extra of approx 3psi.

How does this work then mate

How does this work then mate
with this mod you dnt need to adjust your waste spring or mods as much-no need to but you can have a double effect if you want more. Imagine when you take off the lights instead of dumping pressure at a given rpm say 4000rpm, it will hold more boost -in my case 3psi an extra as compared to stock-or at teh same rpm. By the way you need to remap this car before you do this mod, otherwise LIMP mode will come up, stock ecu only allowed 15psi max. So the canister is holding the boost before reaching the wastegate. So What this mods do is delaying the travelling from turbo to wastegate.....get it??? I tried a bigger canister, it will shoot up even higher >27psi.
This does not effect my fuel consumption as matter of facts its better after remapped. Excessive torque allowed me to change gears at 2000rpm if not 2200.-4psi. Any more questions please ask...

Place this canister T-piece the same line from wastegate goes to N75...

Last edited:
Got it mate I'm running a mbc at 22psi limp mode is no issue just more interested in how it worked you sound like you try your own things no matter what people say ..... Which is what I do fair play to you mate

Reactions: Essexman, Mrharris2 and oldcar
Got it mate I'm running a mbc at 22psi limp mode is no issue just more interested in how it worked you sound like you try your own things no matter what people say ..... Which is what I do fair play to you mate
Please read this link, its Aussie invention...haaaaa http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Killing-Wastegate-Creep&A=111119 at least using this method you have a "controlled" boost. Tell me what you think? eg no wastegate lines vs stock..... also you dnt need mbc at all, that keeps the boost hose(stock) same ID. Canister is about 220-250ml.

Last edited:
I wish someone would do a plan shot of the engine bay with the same flow diagram on a stock engine i just dont get the PCV system at all.

Please read this link, its Aussie invention...haaaaa http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Killing-Wastegate-Creep&A=111119 at least using this method you have a "controlled" boost. Tell me what you think? eg no wastegate lines vs stock..... also you dnt need mbc at all, that keeps the boost hose(stock) same ID. Canister is about 220-250ml.

Hi, does this "wastegate creep" happen with K03/K04 turbos? So that some boost pressure is lost before the target is achieved? I thought that N75 does not let air to waste gate before target pressure. I could be wrong though.

Hi, does this "wastegate creep" happen with K03/K04 turbos? So that some boost pressure is lost before the target is achieved? I thought that N75 does not let air to waste gate before target pressure. I could be wrong though.
Very good thinking, I have tested the wastegate threhold its around 12psi before venting off, where as stock is around 7. Despite what N75 does, I do notice the differences between N75 on and off. I prefer ON. I go by what my gauge says-25psi hodling....despite what N75 do. Unless my gauge is reading wrong?

This boost buffer tank sounds like an absolutely terrible idea!

Reactions: oldcar and VAG-Slag
In those tests it doesn't cause a spike though, it boosts sooner. The fact the original tester got it to do that is brilliant, no downside to it, because once it meets requested it just stays there.

That's not how the OP described it, but fair enough.

The same result could surely be achieved with 100% dc during spool?

No canister in the line like that is physically going to make the turbo spin up any faster!

haaaaa you guys had a good debate here about the caninster and boost spike, pro and cons... Well, I have installed and used for almost 15 months now and I think ECU is learning the pattern how I drive -no expert or prove for this. I am assure you there is no boost spike or irratic boost drop or what so ever. I enjoyed every moment of s3 how it boost up responded to my throttle pressure. The harder-or sooner I press or release the boost goes exactly where I intended. This does the same when I removed the canister, except the boost is lower and I beleived its because wastegate is venting off earlier therefore it would required MORE energy to spool up again. Therefore-a slower spool up time....What you reckon guys ??? How about I do a video on it while I am driving and you can tell me if anything wrong with the boost pattern??

Ps You reckon thiscanisiter should be filled with nitrous ....

haaaaa you guys had a good debate here about the caninster and boost spike, pro and cons... Well, I have installed and used for almost 15 months now and I think ECU is learning the pattern how I drive -no expert or prove for this. I am assure you there is no boost spike or irratic boost drop or what so ever. I enjoyed every moment of s3 how it boost up responded to my throttle pressure. The harder-or sooner I press or release the boost goes exactly where I intended. This does the same when I removed the canister, except the boost is lower and I beleived its because wastegate is venting off earlier therefore it would required MORE energy to spool up again. Therefore-a slower spool up time....What you reckon guys ??? How about I do a video on it while I am driving and you can tell me if anything wrong with the boost pattern??

Ps You reckon thiscanisiter should be filled with nitrous ....

I rekon you don't fully understand how this device and the turbo system on these cars works yourself... This will not make the turbo spool faster, it just means that when it does spool N75 is unable to stop that spool hence creating a boost spike. As Prawn says, the exact same would be achieved from a map that requests more boost before it's available and putting 100%dc on the N75, and there's a good reason mappers don't do this.

I rekon that if you put this on a dyno and plotted boost against power the boost and torque curve would look horrific!

I also rekon it's mods this that end up bending rods...

^That is what I rekon...

Last edited:
Reactions: oldcar and S3 Hilife
I rekon you don't fully understand how this device and the turbo system on these cars works yourself... This will not make the turbo spool faster, it just means that when it does spool N75 is unable to stop that spool hence creating a boost spike. As Prawn says, the exact same would be achieved from a map that requests more boost before it's available and putting 100%dc on the N75, and there's a good reason mappers don't do this.

I rekon that if you put this on a dyno and plotted boost against power the boost and torque curve would look horrific!

I also rekon it's mods this that end up bending rods...

^That is what I rekon...
Excellent reply, ok, corrective action-remove canister, and go to see the best tuner in Sydney and remap to 25psi.

Reactions: A3-Lee