My Nightmare New Car Delivery Day

MushroomMan

Sucemabite
Reaction score
Well I'm sure you'll be fascinated to discover I have had a nightmare day on the car ordering front.

On the day of delivery, after arranging the collection time, I get a call from Audi telling me that that they have ordered the wrong vehicle - awfully sorry sir - a 3 door instead of a five. When I say that's no good they try to sell me a car of the same colour unallocated somewhere in the system which was below spec i.e. no quattro. "It's still a 2.0TFSI special edition but not quattro so you'll pay £1400 less sir".

hey say that there are no alternative vehicles out there and I'll have to order all over again if I want what I ordered i.e. a Misano Red A3 sportback 2.0T FSI quattro special edition 5dr, taking another 6 weeks.

Then when I phone up again in the afternoon the lady suddenly discovers some other cars available on the system which she didn't notice before (I suspect Technophobe) i.e. a Misano red A3 with £1000+ worth of extras available. I insist they get me this vehicle. Red is essential because that is what my 4 year old is expecting!

Audi agrees it is their error and that they are in breach on contract, also I am incurring costs because of the prolonged overpayment on my current lease agreement, but they still refuse to pay the £1k+ difference so no deal, they say.

I tell Audi that I am prepared to meet the extra cost half way, and so finally they agree to a deal. So we will get a red Audi, with extras which are okay (a tape cassette player for the Mister Men tapes), five doors, Bose sound system, 19 inch alloys, central arm rest and cruise control, in the next couple of weeks.

What a nightmare but I still feel it's wrong I should have to pay £597 plus VAT but hell I have the car with £600 worth of free extras, even though I am paying slightly more, but at least I wont have to wait another 6 weeks.

The palaver is finished.

Personally I would have gone elsewhere if they didnt compensate you with a few extras , I doubt the options cost the dealer £500.

The staff in these dealerships are on very low wages and they dont give a toss as they aernt paid enough to. Hence Sharon in the the Admin team who cant spell computer ordered the wrong car

Yeah, it's a mean margin world, car dealing, they fight for every little penny as there's so little profit. Sad little Audi salesmen grubbing around the showroom floor like cockroaches sucking sh*t - any other industry and they would have admitted their error and swallowed the full £1k without wingeing.

Extras included a six CD changer and Symphony too so guess not too bad a deal given how stingy they are nowadays

Crap - easy to say 'go blow goats' but hard when you don't have a car. I would have really kicked off and gone to the dealers. This kind of fck up in the past has seen people given a car for the full 6 to 8 weeks until the new one is built

MushroomMan said:
Well I'm sure you'll be fascinated to discover I have had a nightmare day on the car ordering front.

On the day of delivery, after arranging the collection time, I get a call from Audi telling me that that they have ordered the wrong vehicle - awfully sorry sir - a 3 door instead of a five. When I say that's no good they try to sell me a car of the same colour unallocated somewhere in the system which was below spec i.e. no quattro. "It's still a 2.0TFSI special edition but not quattro so you'll pay £1400 less sir".

hey say that there are no alternative vehicles out there and I'll have to order all over again if I want what I ordered i.e. a Misano Red A3 sportback 2.0T FSI quattro special edition 5dr, taking another 6 weeks.

Then when I phone up again in the afternoon the lady suddenly discovers some other cars available on the system which she didn't notice before (I suspect Technophobe) i.e. a Misano red A3 with £1000+ worth of extras available. I insist they get me this vehicle. Red is essential because that is what my 4 year old is expecting!

Audi agrees it is their error and that they are in breach on contract, also I am incurring costs because of the prolonged overpayment on my current lease agreement, but they still refuse to pay the £1k+ difference so no deal, they say.

I tell Audi that I am prepared to meet the extra cost half way, and so finally they agree to a deal. So we will get a red Audi, with extras which are okay (a tape cassette player for the Mister Men tapes), five doors, Bose sound system, 19 inch alloys, central arm rest and cruise control, in the next couple of weeks.

What a nightmare but I still feel it's wrong I should have to pay £597 plus VAT but hell I have the car with £600 worth of free extras, even though I am paying slightly more, but at least I wont have to wait another 6 weeks.

The palaver is finished.

Sorry to hear about your experience, seem's a little harsh, why don't you try and get the first service free ?

Good luck with the new motor

Cheers

:wtf:

In all honesty how can a dealer justify ordering the wrong car ?

How hard can it be to copy the details down from an order form

Its not like they are selling hundreds a day. Even if they were its still no excuse.

As the saying goes you pay peanuts and you get monkeys .

If the members of staff at these dealerships were made to pay for their personal stupidity then I doubt us punters would have to endure the amount of shody service we do. Its fine for Kevin and Tracy to **** up at the punters expense and inconvenience but sure they wouldnt like it when it cost them.

Audi seem to be the world leaders in poor service in my short experience of dealing with them

Bad news - sympathise with you.... at least you're not having to wait another 10/12 weeks which having just waited 10 weeks for mine (collected yesterday) I can say I wouldn't want to do again - I would have been furious if they'd cocked up like that with me.

Hope that the new one will be worth the wait. Good luck.

Thanks for the good wishes.

The conclusion to the fiasco is as follows. I take delivery of my Misano Red A3 2.0TFSI quattro next week with at least £800 worth of free extras, so guess I can't complain too much, especially since I tried to get them to change from a Concert to Symphony mid way through the original order and they told I was too late. Now this car has:

Symphony II
Bose sound system
18" 20 spoke alloys
Front armrest
Heated front seats (odd one - wouldn't gone for it myself)
Cruise control (does anyone ever use that?)

Not to forget it's a special ed so leather seats and metallic paint thrown in. I guess that was worth waiting another week for.

Next stop the chip shop!!!

Glad to hear your being sorted Mushroom man.

Definitley get the car remapped as soon as its run in . Really does make a difference

[/QUOTE]

yep. it does seem like an odd one. until you land on a leather seat in the depths of january ... and suddenly you're really grateful you have a method of returning feeling to your lower body in under 20 minutes...

ren said:

yep. it does seem like an odd one. until you land on a leather seat in the depths of january ... and suddenly you're really grateful you have a method of returning feeling to your lower body in under 20 minutes...[/QUOTE]

I could understand it if you lived in the Outer Hebrides or some such God Forsaken outreach of Britain like Luton, or perhaps even if you were a girl, but you're a bloke I think, and you're in LONDON!!!

funny you should say that as i do venture to the outer hebrides (or the western isles as we now have to call them) and other outposts of civilisation quite a bit ... and now i think about it i've never used them further south than manchester. but hey - you're getting them for free! and you may just appreciate the odd couple of minutes of heating now and again and if you don't ... don't turn them on! ... and what four year old mistermanophile doesn't like a gadget with a dial?!

try not to let it spoil the new car experience.. which I know could be difficult but some people are idiots, just as simple as that. Kicking off and getting yourself stressed serves no purpose, always remember to complain in such a way that you get something back (like you did). Blowing your top and losing your cool wont get anything other than them saying 'sorry' a few times, .

Looks like it worked out for you, make sure you enjoy it, and hope your 4 year old likes it too!.. focus on the good memories!...

Last guy that this happened to on here was given the wrong car to drive around in for the interim period!

Personally i would off walked and gone to another dealer, or as Cdb2 said, taken the new car for the interim period.