My next Car my dilema

Dave R what dealer in cmabs do you use ?

Huntingdon Audi (part of the Vindis Group). They are in Washingley Road, Huntingdon PE29 6WP - 01480 45 45 45. Washingley Road is just off the A141 Huntingdon by-pass, not far from the A14 junction.

If you need any more information let me know.

Markm49 said:
when I pick next time I will seriously consider the A4.

The new A4 doesn't fair well in tests I've read.
They place the C-class Merc ahead of it, and still say the 3 series is "light years" ahead. (their words).
They sum it up by saying the new A4 isn't significantly better than the existing one.
Each to their own, but that's why I discounted the new A4.
I just couldn't hack driving around in 'second best' (actually third best).
If the consensus was it was as good as the C-class / 3 series, I would have considered one.

My Audi dealership seems good. But then it certainly helps a great deal that I am friends with a salesman there and my Dad is friends with the Director.

Although I haven't heard anyone else have anything bad to say about them with regards to customer service.

What the nearest dealership/service is like does play a small part in deciding on the car for me. The next nearest Audi dealerships are 55+ miles away so its not ideal if I had to travel to them for servicing etc.

But I wouldn't take it as far as buying a crap car just because the dealer was good. Its just something that I take into consideration.

Matt said:
But I wouldn't take it as far as buying a crap car just because the dealer was good. Its just something that I take into consideration.

Hear hear
Nor would I deny myself a good car, just because the dealer is crap.

I read the latest issue of what car which places the A4 behind the 320d and the c class.

It does make me wonder but I won't make a judgement on the A4 till i've driven it on Friday.

I drove the 320d before xmas, admittedly the last 320d engine in the m sport version. To be frank I hated the ride so stiff it was unbareable and my partener said there was no way she'd let me by one as she knew I'd get rid of it in under 12 months. Thats why I tried the 325d..... much smoother.

The c class does nothing for me at all.

RedSportback said:
I read the latest issue of what car which places the A4 behind the 320d and the c class.

It does make me wonder but I won't make a judgement on the A4 till i've driven it on Friday.

I drove the 320d before xmas, admittedly the last 320d engine in the m sport version. To be frank I hated the ride so stiff it was unbareable and my partener said there was no way she'd let me by one as she knew I'd get rid of it in under 12 months. Thats why I tried the 325d..... much smoother.

The c class does nothing for me at all.

That's really suprising, my mates 320d M Sport tourer has a significantly better ride than my s-line - although firm its still quite supple, where mine just smacks your **** with a mallet everytime I go over a speed bump