1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new wheels

Discussion in 'Handling' started by ttandka, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. ttandka
    Offline

    ttandka Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys, thought I'd stick a pic of my new wheels up and see what you think.

    [​IMG]

    You can see the sig for a comparison shot.....until I change it anyhoo
    #1
  2. StephaneS
    Offline

    StephaneS Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cool
    Do u have a close up?
    #2
  3. Danielson
    Offline

    Danielson Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2004
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    0
    cool, they look great, like bib turbines. expensive??
    #3
  4. Anito
    Offline

    Anito Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2003
    Messages:
    434
    Likes Received:
    2
    very nice, they work well with the car
    #4
  5. Markey
    Offline

    Markey Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Messages:
    2,148
    Likes Received:
    0
    Look really nice suit the car really well.
    #5
  6. ttandka
    Offline

    ttandka Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

    Close up is available if you follow the 'My lovely mota' link.

    Expensive??? Not too bad £1700 all in
    #6
  7. RichA3Turbo
    Offline

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    5,089
    Likes Received:
    4
    [ QUOTE ]
    ttandka said:
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

    Close up is available if you follow the 'My lovely mota' link.

    Expensive??? Not too bad £1700 all in

    [/ QUOTE ]

    They do look good! Not a bad price really either for the size!

    Good job!

    Rich
    #7
  8. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,003
    Likes Received:
    1,590
    Do you reckon if it was possible to wheelspin on the spot, that the A8 would move side ways like the RSQ in I-Robot?
    #8
  9. StephaneS
    Offline

    StephaneS Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    379
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    Do you reckon if it was possible to wheelspin on the spot, that the A8 would move side ways like the RSQ in I-Robot?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Nah it would be split in half as it would pull in opposite directions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    #9
  10. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,003
    Likes Received:
    1,590
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    Do you reckon if it was possible to wheelspin on the spot, that the A8 would move side ways like the RSQ in I-Robot?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Nah it would be split in half as it would pull in opposite directions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It would move sideways, cos all four wheels are the same, so the direction of the spokes would be the same whichever way the wheel is facing haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    #10
  11. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,003
    Likes Received:
    1,590
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    I am wondering if you get better disks cooling with these wheels though?
    I mean is there any well known wheels that improve the air movement?
    Actually does anyone know if the air to cool down the breaks is coming more from the "internal" side of the wheels (below the car) or more from the "external" side (the one you see)?

    PS:
    haha... not!
    c'mon wheels are the same but not facing the same way....
    well I think anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Ah yes, let me re-phrase what I was trying to say. The wheels have directional spokes so you are correct in that the wheels on the left side of the car would have the spoke facing forward lets say, and the wheels on the right hand side would have the spokes facing backwards, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(same as my wheels lol). I was referring to the angle of the spokes, as if it was to work like a fan/turbine blowing or sucking air(no funny jokes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif), similar to what you are on about the brakes being cooled. Silly I know, but I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get that A8 to move sideways if you could really wheelspin the thing on the spot, although you would probably need some serious power.
    #11
  12. leespears1
    Offline

    leespears1 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2004
    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    4
    u have too much thinkin time on your hands jojo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    #12
  13. jojo
    Online

    jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2003
    Messages:
    26,003
    Likes Received:
    1,590
    [ QUOTE ]
    leespears1 said:
    u have too much thinkin time on your hands jojo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Too true mate, I'll get my coat...

    BTW Lee, are these not the wheels you was gonna go for on your A3 Quattro?
    #13
  14. dickys3
    Offline

    dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2003
    Messages:
    2,955
    Likes Received:
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    I am wondering if you get better disks cooling with these wheels though?
    I mean is there any well known wheels that improve the air movement?
    Actually does anyone know if the air to cool down the breaks is coming more from the "internal" side of the wheels (below the car) or more from the "external" side (the one you see)?

    PS:
    haha... not!
    c'mon wheels are the same but not facing the same way....
    well I think anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Ah yes, let me re-phrase what I was trying to say. The wheels have directional spokes so you are correct in that the wheels on the left side of the car would have the spoke facing forward lets say, and the wheels on the right hand side would have the spokes facing backwards, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(same as my wheels lol). I was referring to the angle of the spokes, as if it was to work like a fan/turbine blowing or sucking air(no funny jokes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif), similar to what you are on about the brakes being cooled. Silly I know, but I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get that A8 to move sideways if you could really wheelspin the thing on the spot, although you would probably need some serious power.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Have you been on the Bottle joe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
    #14

Share This Page