My new (to me) B7 Avant

I agree, I've had the pry bar in there myself but as you say.. With the car jacked up everything is at different angles to how it is when driving. My Bora had a similar issue and did turn out to be the Airlift "top mounts" and Airlift sent be replacement parts which cured the problem. Back then I could grab the strut when jacked up and shake it to recreate the noise. New "donuts" we're put on when I fitted these struts and I can't wobble the actual strut this time.

150k on this old beast ! Replied to your PM btw :)
150k! How come it's spotless (even before the recent repair respray)? Mine has battle scars all over from stone chips and car park ******* bashing their doors into mine:rage:

150k! How come it's spotless (even before the recent repair respray)? Mine has battle scars all over from stone chips and car park ******* bashing their doors into mine:rage:

Must be the magic of the camera. It has a few stone chips on the bonnet and a little (presumably some ones door) dent on the drivers door but it's (cosmetically) in good nick for its mileage for sure.

Ah ok mine too, it always looks better paint wise in photos than in the flesh

Just been reading through your thread, cars looking really good! I've just picked up a B7 avant 170 last friday, hopefully starting with the modifications tonight! As for AITP, i won't be there. Taking the car for a camping trip to anglesey!

Just been reading through your thread, cars looking really good! I've just picked up a B7 avant 170 last friday, hopefully starting with the modifications tonight! As for AITP, i won't be there. Taking the car for a camping trip to anglesey!

thanks ! have a good time at Anglesey - plenty of room for all your gear in an Avant

Reactions: Christopherski
Cleaned up 1 of the RH's the best I could.

doesn't look half bad from a distance, maybe these can just be my "photo shoot wheels" :sweatsmile:

20410585321_c37b1b67d8_c.jpg

Looks good as ever, I think you'd be mad to part company with that car.

Good day had by all then? How many from Audisport turned out?

Reactions: unitzero
great looking car in great scenery, very nice chap.

OK ..

Possibly selling up or returning to standard in the next few months.

New car itch is becoming too hard to ignore and after spending the day test driving a few cars at some dealerships today I'm leaning towards upgrading soon.

Let me know if there is any interest in the car or parts - air, wheels, DTM bumper etc

Steering rack blew a seal again after only 18 months! had a new rack fitted now and all is well. even if my wallet is once gain a little lighter.

Now the car is back with me i decided to sort the issue of the flashing coil light. ~VCDS said i had a bad brake light switch (although all lights functioned fine) and the fault wouldn't clear so I swapped it out with a new switch and that's sorted it. cheapest and quickest fix so far !

Thanks to Mike off here for sorting the part for me (mjr901)

old part on the left and the new one on the right - was concerned at first that the didn't look the same size but it does the job

22072963275_99a19d6629_c.jpg

For sale !

£6000 takes it on bags and with the Rotors.

Rh's are up for sale also along with the HRE's

I thought as much, however, it was worth asking. Good luck with your plans.

Hi mate, I have the same car.. Nearly lol, and I seen when you had your rotars they tucked lovely! My fronts stick out like mad! Tyres are 255 wide the backs look okay but fronts stick out! So unsure what to do about lowering! Thanks Jack

Cheers for the replies, yeah mine are 255/40/19 I will check wheel widths tomorrow, I keep trying to upload picture but it says it's too big and I can't edit the size, the fronts stick out maybe half an inch looking down on the arch on fronts! And I'm getting a garage to do the fronts as I can do the backs but I've heard about the dreaded fronts lol! Picked up a set of unused AP coilovers for £110 off eBay! So got a bargain! And the garage is only charging £60 for the fronts!

Hope the garage has more luck than we did ! 40 profile is large for a 19" wheel - would normally have a 35 at the most. Width and offset should be stamped on the rear of the wheel somewhere

Agree on the profile being large. I'm on 19s running 255/30 on the rear of mine (9.5 inch rims) & 225/35 on the front (8.5 inch rims). That mix keeps the rolling ratios fairly even, and both front and rear are tucked..... albeit the rears are tight!!