1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new (to me) A8 and a few q's

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by PalmerA8, Dec 18, 2013.

1. PalmerA8

PalmerA8 Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    Start off with some pics, excuse the exterior.... 300+ miles on salty roads to get it home...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Fully specced sport 4.2 V8 diesel. Loving it so far. Refined, smoother than anything ive ever been in!Few questions though... does it have launch control or a way to get it off the line quicker? I know you can brake boost but I don't want to shag up the gearbox. Does brake boosting affect the tiptronic box?Also on short journeys from cold (im talking ice cold) if I stop in traffic I can sometimes see a small haze of, I want to say smoke but its not, more like mist coming from under the right hand bumper. Im presuming this is something evapourating as ive had the bonnet up and can see no leaks etc. The haze does not smell like oil / fluid etc. Anyone else had this?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter

[Dec 18, 2013]
    I got no idea but I would have thought putting it in to sports mod and pushing the go peddle all the way to the floor would be enough?

I'm not convinced with will work.
    It will detect both the break and throttle being used and cut power to the engine.

Pop the bonnet and take a look but I would not worry to much.
    it could just be the engine bay warming up and melting off any water or ice under there
  4. PalmerA8

PalmerA8 Member

[Dec 18, 2013]
    Well i did read something about turning ESP off, putting it in sport and then putting the foot on the brake and building up the revs and then letting go to launch. I tried it once and it worked, but dont know if this is harmful for the box, so id rather not try again until i can clarify.
  5. cocain

cocain RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

[Dec 28, 2013]
    Re the steam coming up when it is cold.
    Your car has an auxilary heater to heat the car up quickly instead of waiting for the engine to get warm. That's what it is :)
    ScottD3 likes this.