1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new S4!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by gr4z, Nov 25, 2013.

1. stetheo

stetheo Active Member

[Jan 17, 2014]
    Car looks fantastic!

I definitely can't understand why someone wouldn't want an S4, this is going to be my next car when I require something bigger. The V6 sounds fantastic and stick a remap on it and it turns into a monster! That plus the practicality/size... What's not to want!?
  2. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

[Jan 17, 2014]

Ah right nice read thanks :)
    Reason i ask its abit of a pain keep topping mine up with oil. And i have my eye on a Facelift 2012 B8 S4 which seems a pretty good buy but im not sure tbh.. They are quick and when im in a fast car i just seem to have the need for speed all the time and my points are totting up :L However i am very tempted.
  3. rum4mo

rum4mo Active Member

[Jan 17, 2014]
    I think because of the Milltek exhaust and the overall gearing and gear spacing, I still tend to drive a bit slower than I would with the old V6 Passat 4Motion, the Passat was so quiet that now and again I could find myself in the wrong gear, ie forgotten to change up!! The engine in that Passat has such smooth torque delivery, real made for an auto box I'd reckon, that you could quite quietly get moving too fast too easily, and that is what its next owner has found. Seems like a lot of folk like the Milltek exhaust on the S4 so that they can hear the engine, I've no experience of this 3.0 V6 when fitted with the factory exhaust so I'm just quoting from what I've read.
  4. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Jan 26, 2014]
    Hi gr4z

I've contacted DTD, they have assured me if I order with them, the Audi dealer they use is 'Midlands' based (as I want the comfort of local!) obliviously they wont tell me who, but from doing some research I suspect they currently use Gloucester Audi (not really Midlands)

Can you tell me which dealers contacted you after you paid the deposit?

Does anyone else know which dealer they use??

Thanks
    Keef
  5. gr4z

gr4z Member

[Jan 27, 2014]
    I was put in touch with Audi Carlisle...I am Midlands based as well although I wasn't really that bothered where the car came from really. They deliver it to your door as part of the DtD package.
  6. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

[Jan 27, 2014]
    I hear Audi Carlisle are really good. As are Aberdeen Audi and Highland Audi, both of whom sell new Audi's to customers from all over the UK including as far away as London. If you get a good deal on a new car, the distance isn't a major factor really.
  7. Derbz

Derbz Member

[Jan 29, 2014]
    Nice, you dont see many around in silver looks proper stealth.:icon_thumright:
  8. Cyprio

Cyprio Member

[Jan 29, 2014]
    I had excellent service from Audi at Tamworth in the Midlands.
    The car was placed in a welcome room covered in a black cloth with a welcome plaque next to it, and the missus was given a huge bunch of flowers - a real hi-tech showroom as well.
  9. Keef

Keef Active Member

[Jan 29, 2014]
    Yes I have been speaking with Tamworth re: S4 prices - although they cant get to the price I've been quoted, Sandeep is a top bloke and has been very helpful