My new S.Blue S3!!

Nice one mate! Lets get the finger out with this leather package lol

Not an update but over here in Forres, northish Scotland with my gf.

Got the boat from Belfast to Stranraer this morning. I loved my trip down the west coast of Ireland but this is something else!

Absolutely fantastic scenery and the roads through the highlands and cairngorm are just breath taking!

Decided to have a look at the cairngorm ski resort to see what all the fuss was about and I am so glad I did.

Will be taking more photos over the weekend but a wee taster off the iPhone!

f544d7f5.jpg

Cheers mate! Ended up missing the boat last night!

Realised at Ben Nevis that we were going to be pushing it lol the drive from there to Stranraer is just a blur! Awesome driving roads and really proud of the S3 (and my skills of course lol)

The S3 is definately a keeper for the for-see-able future!!

Cheers lads!!

Between my girlfriend holding on for dear life and having her eyes temporarily open, she did manage to mention that I was grining from ear to ear lol

Great shots Boyd :thumbsup:

You have anything else planned for her?

Thanks!

Insurance
sad_smile.gif

Cambelt and water pump change
Brakes all round
Trimming of interior plastics (as per Audi exclusive pack)
Modifiy old engine cover to suit intake once fitted!
Refurb BBS CH's
A few 2009+ facelift interior switches
Stage 2+ Revo which is a 3rd remap and high pressure fuel pump (360bhp)
Forge oil catch can

Not necessarily in that order but more or less!

After that, just drive it and enjoy it! I have a real bug now for driving holidays after doing North Wales, West Ireland and Scotland so I think next on the list would be the Ring!

Alright guys!! I decided the other week that I want to return to Edition 38 in September. With that in mind, I have a number of small projects to finish on the S3 before the trip!

So, my bank has been hit and have a few things on order, just awaiting on delivery and installation!

So, first off, I saw a thread a week ago or so regarding retrofitting a TTS engine cover to the S3.

As a lot of you know, the 2.0TFSI intake in the golf/leon/s3 is all based around the engine cover. To fit a CAI, you have to remove the engine cover and reveal the ugly engine!

In the TTS, they revised this and used their own CAI of some sorts to do away with the airbox engine cover. Fortunately for us, this fits our cars :)

So, spotted this on ebay and to the disgust of some members :p I won and it arrived this morning!

91fc7048.jpg

Good condition, no serious marks or chips in it that I have seen so far. Overall, very happy!

Started to strip it:

d4fd5e28.jpg

This looked difficult as the underside of the cover is covered in a foam/sponge layer but thankfully, the clips are not wedged in tight and came off with relative ease! Oh and I didn't break a single one lol

I plan to wrap these two black parts in carbon fibre vinyl or well attempt to anyway so, the Audi logo and TFSI have to come off to complete this.

Fortunately, the Audi logo is set in to the part but unfortunately, it is plastic welded in! Had to get the drill out and remove it that way! Luckily, the small pegs on the audi logo were not damaged so it will slot back in nicely with a bit of glue!

eb42c084.jpg

However, the TFSI is raised plastic so this will have to be cut, rubbed down and smoothed :( oh well, still going to be fun so off to B&Q I go this evening to buy some sand paper, P38 and pick up my vinyl!!

Hopefully update you with the completed cover later tonight or tomorrow :)

Early start today! Got the main panel sanded down so the TFSI is no longer as well as the "DO NOT OVERFILL" lettering.

Used a Stanley blade and P120 paper. Would be a lot quicker with a dremmel but I thought 45mins wasn't bad. Still have a tiny bit around the S to smooth but it's nearly ready for smoothing.

f6e72cac.jpg

So, after sanding down, I taped up the area to be filled to provide some support:

7202acdd.jpg

Then a bit of filling from behind!! Oh errr lol

5498dabd.jpg

So while that dried I got stuck into the other part, this was tricky but go there in the end:

faf8f377.jpg

7e67112e.jpg

On the engine cover, perfect fit:

1739b525.jpg

And then onto the other part once if was dry. A lot easier:

f057bb8b.jpg

And then adding the rings. Had to cut the pegs off since the vinyl added extra depth so it was glued on:

a68f5dd2.jpg

And on the cover, no probs and clipped on perfectly:

c41f8f4f.jpg

b4e67718.jpg

All in all, very happy with the end result. Now to fit it to the car! The ball joints arrived in audi today so picked them up. I'm waiting on delivery of a forge catch can so no point fitting it until then. Hopefully though it will arrive tomorrow.

Reactions: N8
Thanks guys! It will be fitted once my catch can arrives and have it fitted. May trial fit is later but it's raining :(

Picked up the ball joints so have to go work out where they are fitted and if the original joints have to come off. However, I am experiencing some mechanical difficulty with my bonnet lol think the lock needs replaced as you need to press the bonnet down while another person pulls the lever to open it :(

Beautiful S3, Boydie, loving Sprint Blue more all the time! Can't wait to see your engine cover in place, VERY nice job. Well done! :wub:

lovely boyds!! always lookin fresh! and i still want the look of your 19's :wub: wanna swap!? :moa:

I honestly haven't really noticed a difference to be honest. My 18s came with ****ty tyres and there are Good Year Eagles on the 19s so they probably feel a lot better!

Yes, the car has H&R Springs and ARB's! Handles and grips brilliantly!

Small update today guys.

Well after having the HPFP fitted and Revo doing the software upgrade to 2+
at Edition, I needed to fit the RS4 Fuel Valve.

This went quite successfully without having to remove the intake manifold

See difference below of S3 (left) and RS4 (right)

c8bbff7c.jpg

I also bought some switches of Pauly for the windows and wing mirrors from a facelift A3/S3

I planned to do a write up but it started to rain so I only got some pictures:

Trim is easy to remove, just pull at the top near the door handle and it will pop off. Under the trim there are two T20 screws and a T20 screw at the very bottom of the door card just left of centre.

b614d95b.jpg

You do not need to remove the speaker grill.

You have to disconnect the main power lead (purple and grey) and the door cable.

At the top of the handle there are two T20 silver screws to be removed. Flip the door card over and you will see a number of T20 silver screws as well which require removing. You do not have to remove the screws surrounding the back of the door handle.

Once the screws are removed you can pop off the arm rest like so:

426070fb.jpg

Flip it over to see the under side and the base of each switch. Use a small flat head to pry the switch out - this is quite tricky and they are a tight fit but do come out with some persuasion

7d9a4d93.jpg

It started to chuck down at this stage so repeat the last step 2 more times for the wing mirror switch and passenger window switch.

Once done it shall look like this, all connected and working as expected

48dae25b.jpg

Also fitted a forge throttle body hose when fitting the valve. I also dropped the radiator fan assembly on my mechanics nose which split him but he forgave me.

good day lol