My new S.Blue S3!!

No sweat mate.
FYI
top pic has 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear
Bottom pic has 10mm spacers all round

Anybody thought about just upgrading the rear arb? To remove abit of understeer???

What spacers do you recommend??

What is the ET of the standard wheels?

I have recently seen pics of S3's with H&R springs and my 19" BBS CH - pretty sure they are now going on the car - they are ET50 and sat nicely in my TDI arches!

RE: Spacers.

If you get spacers, get H&R Hub centric items.
Again, tried, tested and trusted. TUV approved - I've not had a single issue.

Standard ET on the OEM rims is 52 (I think!).
The BBS CH will look sweet on your car mate A5GUR (Kam) had them on his sprint car and it looked lovely. What size are the wheels 7.5J, 8J or 8.5J?
If they are 8J on that offset they would be fine, but you may want to push them out further.... easy to do later though!

I think they are 8.5 mate - they will be test fitted once the car is lowered!

Will I really benefit with the ARB's? I am not the most keen B road blaster and not sure what to think of it.

Another thing - how will a remap affect the mpg??

With my mods I get 29mpg to 31mpg in an average week - and I'm not shy with the accelerator pedal. Not sure what I used to get when it was standard but it wasn't that. I think remaps help a lot in these cars too.

Regarding ARBs.
Not an absolute must... I think Iggu has H&R springs only on his car and he's pretty pleased overall.

Now....what map??

Revo or GIAC depending on which is closer to you and give you the best service and on how much you like a boosty kick in the back. Revo has more boost, more oomph, whilst GIAC is smoother.

Regarding ARBs.
Not an absolute must... I think Iggu has H&R springs only on his car and he's pretty pleased overall.

True - but I wouldn't for a moment argue that the ARBs don't add something. If money was no object I'd do the ARBs. And the Powerflex bushes that Toby has. Oh and then the Haldex controller too. Ho hum ....

There is 1 Revo dealer here in N.Ireland but there are a lot of Tuners here that do their own mapping and have experience with the K04 2.0TFSI but I think for this car I would definately consider a Revo

What about Bluefin?

Bluefin has reasonable mid range punch, but never quite delivers the headline figures.
If you have Revo near you I'd suggest that would be the right route.... without sounding like a broken record..... tried, tested and trusted hahahaha

Until I took him round the roundabout in my car with my coils and ARBs. But I doubt he would spend more £££, think he's spent enough

Dead right Nate - your car was SOOO well planted round that roundabout. If I can raise the cash .... I'm havin' 'em.

There is 1 Revo dealer here in N.Ireland but there are a lot of Tuners here that do their own mapping and have experience with the K04 2.0TFSI but I think for this car I would definately consider a Revo

What about Bluefin?

See these Boydie (especially the graph at the start of the first one):
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=60133&highlight=milltek+revo+amd
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57435&highlight=unhappy+bluefin

Torque Tronix do a map for the S3 Boydie. I rang them about it awhile ago. They were doing a full Milltek turbo back exhaust fitted and re-map for around £1300. Dunno how good or bad the re-map is though. Think if I was gonna do it I would go for the Revo option.

Dangerous Dave - thats all I am saying about TT!

All they know is the plus button - more and more boost, then bang!

If I was going to go with any of the remap companies over here it would be OBD Autotune in Ballymena as they did my A3 TDI and countless friends cars. I think though with the S3 I will go along the lines of Revo though.

I am trying to buy the milltek for sale on here so will build the turbo back system as I go!

Wow they dont sound too hot. Good job I did'nt go for it! Thanks for the heads up for future reference.

De-rear wipered and Milltek bought :)

Pics to follow once milltek arrives and is fitted!

Did you buy a new milltek or manage to pick a 2nd hand one up. Did you go for turbo back? res or non res

Not had chance to look at ipod thing yet but will let you know as soon as i have.

No probs matt!

I was planning on buying Kris' milltek non-res jet stream but another came up on ebay without the postage hassle so hopefully be here mid week

Its a non res cat back - apparently a year old but will see its condition when it arrives!

De-rear wipered and Milltek bought :)

Pics to follow once milltek arrives and is fitted!

Nicee Boydie! Looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing your comments regarding the milltek! You got any more plans? And how you finding the car after a full week mate?
Thanks

Ashley

Nicee Boydie! Looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing your comments regarding the milltek! You got any more plans? And how you finding the car after a full week mate?
Thanks

Ashley

Lowered and black grill are the next plans which should set me up nicely for ED38 if I finally decide to go but in the long run I would quite like to tune the car as I have never done so bar a remap on my TDI before!

I think I have done nearly 6-700 miles in the week lol loved it and was a hefty fuel bill but it should drop down over the next few weeks but I find myself wanting to go and drive!!

I have been thinking more economically as well, I found a new route to work which saves me 10 miles a day, 50 a week, 200 a month and around 2000 a year which would be in excess of £700 or there abouts lol

De-rear wipered

It really is a must I think, did you use a halfords grommit? Looks more OEM in my opinion...no need for glue etc

I got another bung off gecleant.de - asked for a custom logo and since I love snowboarding, I have a little snowboarder on it :)

Latest update:

Milltek cat back non-res purchased and hopefully posted today :)

H&R Springs ordered and hopefully posted today/tomorrow morning :)

Hoping to have them both fitted Friday afternoon and take the car up home to fit the CH's to see what the car looks like on 19's but I am very tempted to keep the 18's on and space them!!

Got a fresh set of new number plates for when I get my cherished reg back so can't wait for it! The DVA received the documentation today so hoping next week I will have it on the car!

Also, what are your opinions about Evoms vs Dbilas intakes?? I have seen a 2nd hand Dbilas for sale for decent money but I like the fact you can put an Evoms engine cover on and heat sheild.....what do you think?

Lowered and black grill are the next plans which should set me up nicely for ED38 if I finally decide to go but in the long run I would quite like to tune the car as I have never done so bar a remap on my TDI before!

I think I have done nearly 6-700 miles in the week lol loved it and was a hefty fuel bill but it should drop down over the next few weeks but I find myself wanting to go and drive!!

I have been thinking more economically as well, I found a new route to work which saves me 10 miles a day, 50 a week, 200 a month and around 2000 a year which would be in excess of £700 or there abouts lol

Black grill will look good! I've always thought black grill on Sprint Blue makes the car look more aggressive! Car will look the business once lowered with your 19" BBS CH. How much you going to lower the car by?
Bet you cant wait to release the beast within the car! Enjoy the tuning in the long run!

Lol now thats a lot of miles!! But i bet you loved it! I be your still excited to be driving the car and find any excuse to go for a drive! Well i would anyway ha :) But as you said it will go down soon once your use to the car and not as excited. AS the car still pretty new! May be a while till that happens but its all fun!!

Thats quite good shorting the route! Thats a lot aswell 10mile shorter than before! Know you have another excuse to not let your petrol bills worry you! How much MPG you getting on the way to work? And on the way home? Haha extra £700 to do what ever you want with! LoL

Boydie you gonna take some photos with the S3 18"/Springs on or just BBS CH 19"/Springs on? Did you get a good deal on the exhaust after? And did you pick a company in the end to trust with your pride and joy?
Out of the Evoms vs Dbilas intakes...I'd go for the Evom one, like you said 'can put an Evoms engine cover on and heat sheild'. Pretty sure some of the guys who are using the above can comment and put you in the right direction! Enjoy the car, but i can see you already are!

Get the CHs sprayed anthracite and then use the 15mm spacers for them, 19"x8.5 ET35 all round then, be looking sweet lad!

Agree with nate...That would look amazing!

Nice one fairly getting things done eh boydie

on another note if you fancy selling the CHs give me a shout lol

I will get some comparison pictures at the weekend - thats if everything has arrived!

Anthracite CH's have crossed my minds and apologies for the following pic but it will give you the idea: :p

PICT0304.jpg

Nice one fairly getting things done eh boydie

on another note if you fancy selling the CHs give me a shout lol

You said before you ain't modding the new S3 Si, you liar!! :laugh:

Anthracite CH's have crossed my minds and apologies for the following pic but it will give you the idea

Astra VXR = FAIL
Astra VXR on CHs = FAIL X2
Boydie S3 on CHs with 15mm spacers = FTW ;)

Haha thanks Nate

Praise is given, where praise is due :yahoo:

Should do... for a price!
I'm going Adrian Flux for my renewal in a few weeks... come up with a really good deal :)

im paying 270 quid a month insurance , this april coming il have one year no claims ,,dont ask ... but is there any way i can get my insuance down blagging if need be , change of address and what not the insurance is killing me ....