My new S.Blue S3!!

How can you go from coilovers to springs - just wait longer and SAVE, I know your irish, but don't cut corners. LMAO - Only messing bro :undwech:

Yeah mate!

I am not being cheap by buying springs, just think it will be better for the car to be honest!

Also, the springs are relatively cheap and I am sure will be easily sold on!

Good stance as seen here:

1010353-3.jpg

i got 35mm springs like sav not sure about sport or super sport dpm sells the springs thats where i got mine not sure if there different to savs ?? ie sport or super sport savs looks a little lower than mine not sure why though

go for the super sports they will be the same as savs

Well done Boydie, thats poor stance man. Hey your car, your money. Going from coilovers to springs is like going from a Bentley GT to a Polo :lmfao:

you would have very good handling on h&rs put some arbs on 2 then it will probably better than coils alone ....

boydie is your brain stalling youve posted that twice or is it a glich in the matrix haha.....lol

edit sorry it's mine stalling hahaha beers eh lol hahahahaha

not sure on the arbs jamie kip has a springs and arb set up pm him

Last edited:
Hey Boydie.

H&R Spring and ARB set up works really well on the S3. I bought my kit of JonnyC after only on his car for 1000miles as he was upgrading to coils to go lower. He wished he'd never bothered as the car never really rode as well! The stock dampers are more than capable (I've only had one experience where I thought the dampers couldn't cope and that was on a really severe road!).
It trasnforms the car from both a looks perspective and the drving experience as understeer is dialled out and the car become more fun and entertaining. The vagueness you can occassionallyget at speed on the rear axle is eliminated too.

Well worth it.
Plenty of pic's of it stock, lowered on 18's and 19's in here

If you have any questions drop me a note.

J

Cheers lad - what arbs are you putting in? the TT ones?

No - the H&R ARBs. You wouldn't start putting bits from a girl's car into an S3 would you ?
As Jamie says this is the best set up on the S3 - your other choice (similar cost to the H&R springs + ARB set up) is the H&R monotube coilover kit. All in you're looking at about £1200 including fitting for either option - but well worth it.

I have Weitec coilovers and Eibach ARB's on 2.0 TDI A3 and the handling is much improved.

not really sure mate jamie might be better to ask but im my terms a bar is a bar , i mean how different can arbs be there just effing bars , not like coils or anything are they , if the bar is strong and light then i guess that's it .....

If a bar is a bar why do people upgrade from stock ARBs to performance ones ?! Bizarre statement.
Boydie - the H&R combo is tried and tested over and above coilovers or any other combination. I'm only speaking about the S3 here - I know nothing about the set up on other Audis. You know JonnyC and you know he has had every suspension kit known to man fitted on his many VAG cars, including his 420bhp S3. And he isn't the only one to think this combination is the best set up. That's my 2p on this. Learn from others you can trust who have been there, spent that, done that etc. The rest is just hearsay, speculation and sales puff.

iggu did i say speak to jamie on this.... IF YOU READ MY POST then i just gave my opinion about a bar being a bar i didnt say it was correct its just my thought , thinking out load...

always quick to jump on eh iggu , i mentioned the fricking springs and arb combo in the first place ...

Last edited:
yeah thats it :rockwoot: jamie says its the dogs and iggu pointed out that jonny c prefered it so :o.k: guess that's it mate....

Sweet - I have found a tuning company in Germany - Orange Tunning - who seem to be very well priced for the sport springs and ARB

Springs are £177 (25mm) - I have emailed him though regardingthe super sport springs
ARB is around £296 (24mm front 26mm rear)

sounds good are you gona fit them to or get them fitted ???

sounds good are you gona fit them to or get them fitted ???

I can fit the springs no problem with a mate but we have never done a quattro before but I am sure it has no real difference - I will ask him about the ARB and if he is up for it we will go for it, if he says no, I will twist his arm LOL

I think he has changed ARB's before but I think that was in an E36 328i coupe and an Ibiza Cupra so this will be another experience

its ok iggu i dont really like to get in to arguements unless pushed , but lately ive been dived on a bit for my opinion's so im bit sensative myself after the big andy thread sorry:friends:pal....

im just trying to help , i know im wrong on a few things , but still like to help .... you s3 guys who know a bit more than us can just be a bit nicer about thing's ie ..no jonnie arbs do make a difference you can get performance one's to they affect performance etc ...jonnie's answer oh right thanks for that ive just learned something .... that's all i ask just a bit of tolarence for the learners lol...:thumbsup: its nice to be nice an all that ..

Last edited:
oh right boydie if you fit them yourself youle save a fortune... i wish i was well up on mechanics...

it pains me to pay for labour when i could do it myself

Yeah mate, I hate paying for labour on things that I can do easily myself but with the S3 I will be getting audi to do the major services and I will do the inbetween bits like 8k oil change etc...

Suspension is an easy job but you do have to put a good effort into it and will take a couple of hours!

We have learnt over time how to perfect the vag stuff as we change a lot of coilovers and springs over and have perfected it lol used to take us nearly 4/5/6 hours and now takes 2.

From memory when mine were done - its the front that's the problem. You need a full ramp as the whole subframe needs to be lowered out to get them in. The backs are easy (and cheap) but I remember the labour cost for the front being nasty.

That's a really good price Boydie - Bite there arm off!

As Iggu mentioned - H&R is tried, tested & trusted - I've not had a single issue with my set up. Not a squeak or creak! I think NHN tried some other ARB's and ended up returning them, as they knocked and all sorts!

My springs have 25mm drop from stock S3 - there wasn't an alternative option on the S3 before. This drop is about right, not to low to make speed bumps a scary prospect, but low enough to change the whole stance of the car for the better. The ride is also manageable - ie, it strikes enough comfort mixed with enough performance gain. :D

With regards fitting the ARB's, rears could be done DIY, but the front requires the sub frame to be dropped. Depends how confident you are, but it would require a full wheel alignment afterwards.

Now, get the plastic out and get them ordered ;)

he put a link further down in the word here isnt there a pic in there

its below cant get that one to work you have to be member to see it i think jamie

Last edited: