1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new purchase, anyone recognise it ?

Heeny Mar 20, 2013

1. Heeny

Heeny New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

few wee niggles that are bothering me, rear wiper is kinda loose and sits on the paintwork
    think the wheels are a bit too big, anyone know the origional size ?
    And what kinda A3 3.2 Quattro is it ? It's a 53 plate origionaly,
    Not sure if bits have been added or if the origional 1 came like this but I would like a lesson on the origional spec and proper make and model. It does have s-line bits and bobs like sill panels and cigi lighter but not sure if they have just been added, cheers

2. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

It looks like a sport with a vortex kit on it.
    Rear bumper is a different colour the rest of the car?
    the headlights are aftermarket ones, doesnt look OEM.

3. Heeny

Heeny New Member

Yeah the headlights are aftermarket, warning comes up on the dash, never noticed about the rear bumper :huh:
    might need a correct paint code :-(

4. Heeny

Heeny New Member

Got to say the Bose sound system sounds great :yes:
    good wee quiet roar off the exhaust also, not like the old car which u could hear half a mile away lol
    I take it its an aftermarket exhaust also ?

5. immo

immo Stop me

Agree it looks like a sport that's been modded quite a bit. Wheels don't like too big to me though, 18s?

6. Drury93

Drury93 Member

il swap the alloys with you ? . lovely looking car ,not sure on the headlights tho

7. Heeny

Heeny New Member

There's always 1 :p what they worth ? Goodyears on all 4, not sure of the offset , Yup they are 18"

8. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

Rear wiper motor is fubbered. Its not loose, common fault with a3s. U can either replace with the newer revised version which has a proper water seal or remove and place a grommet in its place.

9. A3Kent

A3Kent Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi

Personally I'd get shot of that body kit and the headlights. Get some OEM Xenon's, someone on here is likely to have a set for sale. Lower it a bit and it'll look decent.

It's had the rear and back windows tinted too.

10. Nutkin

Nutkin Member

Remember as of today if you have a light warning symbol on your cluster it will fail MOT.

Looks nice though, the colour match doesnt surprise me as i think there is over 20 shades of akoya

11. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

As said, headlights are aftermarket and it's got the Vortex kit on it (Bit on front + back bumper, skirts and spoiler).

Wheels look like reps of Rotor's but if they're OEM, they're worth a bit.

12. gogz s3

gogz s3 Active Member

The wheels would suit the car better if it was lowered.

As already said loose the kit.

13. Heeny

Heeny New Member

Cheers for all the input guys

14. A3-black

A3-black Member

It's not a votex kit on that. I had a 3 door with votex and it was more subtle than that. It's after market.

I would change the lights and lower it slightly as others have said.

15. 4K

4K Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 DSG

Not keen on the bodykit.

16. Rom

Rom Member VCDS Map User

Elaborate... Last appendix they issued said they are removing SRS light from fail criteria....so cant be any light will fail.

Needs lowering to look good with those wheels. Or i have a set of the wheels it should have if you want :p
    There not Votex skirts are they ?

17. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

I got told my local MOT station that any warning light on the dash was an MOT fail also.

18. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

Right so the car looks different! Lol

it has an after market front valance, rear valance, side skirts and rear spoiler added onto the stock sport model. Also has the chrome mirror caps (not S3 ones) and tints all round. As you already know it has the aftermarket headlights which don't suit the car at all... At least the same headlights with the black internals would have looked better... Too much bling in that headlight.

But I like that its different, has some personality. Like others have said lower the car a bit (Eibach sport line springs maybe), replace the wiper motor and the headlights.

19. Heeny

Heeny New Member

It passed its mot with they lights on the front, just an advisory (might look at going oem)
    As for the body kit, I think it suits it plus removing it will no doubt be a bugger to do without damaging the paintwork.
    Its pretty low at the front with that front bumper so would prob have to remove before I invested in lowering springs but with those wheels on, might be a bad idea so I'll just leave her for now,
    Anyone know if there is a button to retract the mirrors ? Lol
    Oh and what are some of the dash readings ? I take it that circle with the line through it is average ?
    How much does a full tank hold ? 50-60l ?
    Anyone know how far u would get on a full tank cruising on the motorway at 70 ?
    Thanks

20. immo

immo Stop me

Meh I don't mind the body kit either, like someone else said, adds personality.

21. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

Heeny get a proper square pic of the back please... i want to see that rear valance

22. Heeny

Heeny New Member

[​IMG]

23. Ash187

that looks ready for a quad exhaust lol

Yolo_8p3 and Sevv like this.
  24. Heeny

Heeny New Member

Aye at what price though lol

25. Rom

Rom Member VCDS Map User

We can only fail whats in the manual.
    So not just any warning light on.
    They have added this month

Electric Power Steering
    Electric Park Brake
    Electric Stability Control
    Brake Fluid Light
    Tyre Pressure Monitor

So while that is most stuff lol. A head light warning light should pass and advise. Aslong as the correct tell tales still work.

26. Bramley

Bramley Member

Not a fan tbh, you putting it back to standard?

27. chris.vincent3

chris.vincent3 Own a BMW now, HOWEVER I still own VCDS! VCDS Map User

The side skirts looks the wrong way round?

I was going to get these headlights but in black, but after hearing they give a warning light, I wont bother.

28. Heeny

Heeny New Member

Surely the side skirts would only fit 1 way but I'll check, gonna leave it for now, until I work out a plan of what to do

29. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

"They're all like that sir". Certain colours are an ok match but most of the mid-metallics I've seen don't match and often looks worse in photos that real life.

If it was mine I'd lower it/get S-Line springs, de-tint it (the whole lot) and remove the side skirts and replace the headlights for OEM, standard headlights are quite cheap to get hold of.

30. Heeny

Heeny New Member

If I remove the side skirts, I'd have to remove and replace the front bumper also as it would look daft, I think I like the tinting,
    as for the headlights, I agree will look at replacing them with oem ones or something else.

i think a wheel refurb is my first port of call and also get the rear wiper sorted

31. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

Yea I see what you mean. I think the front bumper is the normal sport bumper though with the additional lower trim fitted; check under the car it's probably been screwed on

32. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good

How about a occasional flickering airbag light?

33. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Be careful if you're taking them off as they could be Tigerseal'd (or similar) on. If that's the case, they could be a bugger to remove.

34. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

They do as well. Few niggles but nice ride all in all!

35. AjM

AjM Living in Blissful Ignorance

Looks like the front windows have been tinted to (although a slightly lighter tint), whip them off unless you want a fine/ fine and points. Otherwise agree with the consensus on here!