My New MTM S3,

Right i have been looking for a set of black mask head lights. So far i havent been able to find a set i like, so i thought i would make my own.

so i started by, cooking my light in the oven for a wile, and broke the light in to bits.
lightstuff001.jpg

I then go all the silver bits out, keyed them up and sprayed them black, then re assembled the light.

lightstuff004.jpg

Then put the lense back on, which was a ******* to do?

lightstuff005.jpg

And here is a pic of them fitted!! i also changed the colour of my audi badge on the front, i think it looks much better.

lightstuff012.jpg

Hi Phil. I'm Andy and I sold the car to ryan after spending a lot of money and not driving many miles I it. So any questions feel free to let me know. It used to keep up with my b7 rs4 and was denied at Surrey rolling road and produced 340 but was a very hot day and was before the front mount was fitted. I will try and find the print out for you. Compared to my evo 8 mr400 that a friend has it wasn't as fast of the lights but midrange was spot on!

Enjoy it as the interior is mint (well was when I sold it)

Hi Phil. I'm Andy and I sold the car to ryan after spending a lot of money and not driving many miles I it. So any questions feel free to let me know. It used to keep up with my b7 rs4 and was denied at Surrey rolling road and produced 340 but was a very hot day and was before the front mount was fitted. I will try and find the print out for you. Compared to my evo 8 mr400 that a friend has it wasn't as fast of the lights but midrange was spot on!

Enjoy it as the interior is mint (well was when I sold it)

Ah good to hear from you bud! i thought you would come along at some point, Ryan did say you were on the fourm!! any extra info you have on the car would be great!

I have loads of questions, ill PM you with them.

You will be glad to here the car is still mint. I am just about to start spending on it as well, but i think you covered most of the big stuff so thanks.

here is another pic, you can see my run around in the back ground a little 106 1.5d 50mpg all day,lol!

jjjjj002.jpg

Ah good to hear from you bud! i thought you would come along at some point, Ryan did say you were on the fourm!! any extra info you have on the car would be great!

I have loads of questions, ill PM you with them.

You will be glad to here the car is still mint. I am just about to start spending on it as well, but i think you covered most of the big stuff so thanks.

Sure send the questions over happy to help where I can bud!

Bit of a up date. I was going to try and not turn this car into a project! But it looks like its going that way, just started of a few minor bits that i have done, please see below.

1st was re do the caliper paint and stickers because all the paint was peeling and they looked poo. So here they are after the re paint and stickers.

rears
2012-06-18154642.jpg

fronts behind wheels
2012-06-19115659.jpg

I noticed i need some new pads on the front, so i will have to sort out what pads i need to get as im unsure at the moment. I also noticed i need to replace the rear hand brake pads which are small round pads, im not sure where to get those either!lol! so on the list it goes.
I have also taken a dis liking to my wheels and i want to go to either standard s3 wheels or s4 wheels.

Next was the car has been getting through coil packs like a git!! and everytime i fixed on the next one started going, and the car had a miss fire!!
So after reading everything on this fourm i could, i have decided to do the tfsi coil pack conversion. one of the most usefull threads has been in Tufftys build, any one doing this conversion i would sugest you read his thread. I ordered my coils and spacers from awsome, and they arrived next day.
DSCF0069.jpg

With this here i set on fitting it all.

Here it is fitted.

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

And here they are fitted, ignore the bodge pipe from the blow off valve, that will be replaced soon as i have found that forge make posh ones.
I have gapped the plugs to .85. I cant believe the difference, my car is super smooth!! 1st time its run this good since i have owned it. I would recomend all to do this.

I have also been looking at getting the car to breath better and have removed a section on my bumper and lowered my intercooler by 1'. Kept it so it still looks stock ish tho!!

Here is a pic with the intercooled lowered, ill have to get a pic with the bumper on as well.
2012-06-19190535.jpg

I love the car when it looks like this!!lol

So thats a bit of a start anyway, I can tell you this is now going to be a progress thread!! I have banned my self from reading anymore other peoples build threads especially Stacys one for the time being as the list of wants for this car is getting out of hand!! And after reading Prawns thread in thinking of stripping and caging it, with some amazing buckets.
Next tho i want to get the pistons and rods sorted, i gotta save a few pennies but then i will get it up to Badger 5 for a build me thinks, then go hunting for more ponys!!!:eyebrows: