my new Miltek Exaust

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
brruumm bruumm.. sounds well nice.. yummy yummy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

heres the pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Erm, whats with those huge ugly clamps? There must be a tider solution surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking that, i know those systems are expensive and those make it look a little cheap

lol cheers guys.. lol

those clamps you cant see unless you really look underneath.. so chill guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That doesn't look like an exhaust to Milltek's normal standard.

To me it seems to stick out too far and those clamps make it look like a cut 'n shut job.

I'm sure it sounds great. Does it breath better?

humm.. was fitted by awesome gti..

ive had a look at all the pics on milteks website and its the same as what they have in the pics.. ??

[ QUOTE ]
richy said:
lol cheers guys.. lol

those clamps you cant see unless you really look underneath.. so chill guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the first pic Richy, I don't think you took that picture underneath the car mate, I can see the clamps! Was it a custom exhaust or one designed for your car?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif lol

i had to wait nearly 2 months. so dunno if it was a custom one or what.. but ive sent the pics to miltek and awaiting a responce.

didnt mean any offense Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dont blame you about sending pics to Milltek though mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dean_T said:
didnt mean any offense Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dont blame you about sending pics to Milltek though mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, me not trying to offend neither, just giving an honest opinion... you have payed the moneys, and at least should get a quality product to go with the car, not something powerflow conjured up with Milltek exhaust trims bolted on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif they'd better have some good answers...

Looks like lazy fitting to me (either that or the welding kit wasn't working on the day it was fitted). The massive clamps under the car look totally over engineered (and ugly) they are simply unacceptable.

But what happens if you unscrew them and rotate them 180 degrees? Will you se them from behind anyway? Looking forward to hear the sound.....

Edit:
Find thid pic! As someone said it should be welded:
Picture

it will be a different exaust fella..

need to find someone on here with a 3.2 who has the miltek and see if theres is the same..

anyone?>

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
Looks like lazy fitting to me (either that or the welding kit wasn't working on the day it was fitted). The massive clamps under the car look totally over engineered (and ugly) they are simply unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't aware that it had to be acceptable to you?..

I suspect that the clamps simply hold on the cosmetic chrome end pipes and could be taken off, then the polished end tailpipe spot weled or seam welded on if prefered...

humm. dunno but soon as miltec get back to me then ill know if thats the way or its not..

i mean if thats the way its suppost to be but can obviously get it done so its flush. then i will go for that to be done...

get the clamps removed and its fitted in the bumper more so it doesnt stick out as much...

[ QUOTE ]
The911SC said:
I suspect that the clamps simply hold on the cosmetic chrome end pipes and could be taken off, then the polished end tailpipe spot weled or seam welded on if prefered...

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on, but for the price you pay I would expect that the standard method is a welded seam - even powerflow do this to their systems.

The above solution is cheap, untidy and strikes me as being somewhat cack handed...

Richy - fret not however, there will be many places who can remedy it for you if Milltek don't.

Jonathan (911SC) I didn't say it should be acceptable to me so whats your point ? You and everyone else have agreed that it is a cack handed solution.

My millteks the same i just assumed it adjusted the protrusion of the tailpipes e.g undo the clamps and push in to make it more flush.

phew.. thats ok then.. gunna speak to awesome tomorrow then about getting it more flush so to hide the clamps a bit more..

still sounds awesome... if any of you are going to the meet on the 31st in wilmslow then ill be there for ya to listen

Come one give us the sound files! I´m interested in another exausth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

i'll try and sort some sound files out by the weekend