My new Le Mans

silverfox666

Reaction score
Hello! I've had a company a4 for a while and an a3 before that, now I've just gone and got my self an a6!

Went for a phantom black '60 plate, 3.0 Quattro tdi. Only have his pic as I've not picked it up yet - but cannot wait to get it!!

Not sure on the gearbox, will be a cvt does anyone know?!

This one has anthracite coloured 19's, so assume they have been done at a later date, or were they an option?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice looking car, i am sure you cant wait for collection. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: silverfox666
Thanks. Going to see it on Friday. Have no idea what extras it may or may not have on it yet. I'm hoping it has the latest MMi as it's a 2010 model, but not sure. Another pic!

Reactions: Sandra
Drove this today... Really pleased. Few bits on it that need sorting, one that concerns me is the drivers seat didn't heat very well. My a4 gets hot quickly, whereas this one didn't. Interior is beginning to look a little dated on these now IMO, but the overal look and feel of the car make up for it (when you consider the cost of this model compared to new ones). Didn't get to open it up fully of course - but it certainly felt very powerful! Bottom line is - I bought it and pick up next week :)

Looks smart and stands out, the 3.0 is a great engine it looks kitted out in the photos. I think the alloys were an option in 2010 in that colour but before that they came in silver.
Have your other audis been auto's? I think audi make some of the best auto's on the market and i swear by mine.

Welcome, nice looking car you got there, don't think you want to open it up fully too often or you may not keep your licence for long, ha ha!

Reactions: silverfox666
Looks smart and stands out, the 3.0 is a great engine it looks kitted out in the photos. I think the alloys were an option in 2010 in that colour but before that they came in silver.
Have your other audis been auto's? I think audi make some of the best auto's on the market and i swear by mine.

My current Audi is a cvt gearbox, which has really grown on me. Mega smooth in general and just wafts along with no noticeable gear change. Not sure if I'll miss it or not yet...

Welcome, nice looking car you got there, don't think you want to open it up fully too often or you may not keep your licence for long, ha ha!

True! I Had an Impreza that that tried to do the same many many moons ago!

Well, picked her up today! The dealership did an awesome job in preparing it. Full BMW seal and protect and they managed to machine out all the blemishes. Had a 90 mile drive to get used to it...

Positives on day 1
**** it's quick!
Very quiet
Looks great in black with no chrome
Seats are really adjustable
Love the ambient lighting
Engine torque
Engine noise and turbo whistle
Quattro

Negatives on day 1
MMi is dated
Poor resolution screen compared to my a4 (63 plate)
Dash overall looking dated
Satnav looks a bit dated and not 3d
Think I prefer my cvt gearbox
Dials look a bit old now too

Overall though, even with the negatives, it's an awesome car and the most I could afford.

I will have to live with the dash, and it doesn't help that I still have my a4 (that goes next week). I'm hopping I can upgrade the MMi software? Sure I read on here that you can... although when I was in styler Audi this week the service bloke said I can't and can only update the satnav (disks were £200!). Not sure if I can get these cheaper elsewhere?

If I could update the MMi and satnav it would help.

I've also lost the fancier parking graphics.

Going to buy a couple of sd cards tomorrow - one for music and the other for satnav (does it auto recognise this if I duplicate the DVD satnav disk on to a card and eject the disk?).

Cheers