My new grill.....

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi there got my new grill and angel eyes today for my A3,

Going to fit them tomorrow as i have a day off work just wondered what i have to do to remove and fit my new grill?

Is it a take the bumper off jobbie or can it just simply push out?

Thanks!

Jason..

it will push out but you would be better off just taking the bumper off itll save u alot of hassle. It clips in just the same as the bottom half of your bumper

Can some-one please explain what i have to do to remove my bumper fully managed to get everything fitted but the bumper isnt sitting right need to take it off fully as it got too dark to carry on.

Cheers

Jason

The bumper comes off pretty easily... There are about four or five push-studs along the top of it (along the line of the slam-panel); and then a few screws in each wheel arch. Once you've undone/removed those, the whole thing slides forward out of its mounts (it might take a bit of wiggling at the trailing corners).

If you're going to do it on your own it's best to have something non-abraisive and padded on the deck as it's awkward to handle given its size.

Regards,

Rob.

Also when your putting it back on, dont be afraid to give it a bit of a knock to get the sides in

Hi Jason,

Can I ask where bouts you got your angel eye headlights? I was thinking of getting myself a set but heard that there is a lot of cheap and nasty sets out there that fog up.

I've got angel eyes on my car, had them for a while now, and to be honest id say dont bother - my car is a pre facelift so one-piece lights are a huge improvement, but the rings that make up the angel eyes themselves are jsut 4 leds, The actual unit itself is well constructed and mine dont suffer from any fogging

I think they're FK automotive ones, but are meant for the facelift car, i believe the design is slightly different from the pre-facelift ones, in mines there is no single bulb sidelight only the rings of the angel eyes, most of them have a bulb somewhere too.

Got em off ebay, 40 quid, cant really grumble