1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new 'go faster' stripe

rich1068 Feb 18, 2007

1. rich1068

rich1068 Member

But just down the one side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some arse in a car park this morning who obviously had no idea how enormous their Ford Fiesta actually was.

It starts halfway down the passenger door and turns into a nice crease by the time it gets to the wheelarch. Imagine how pleased I was when I came back to the car.

2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Jesus :(

Did you catch them or was it a drive-off job?

3. steve184

steve184 Active Member

DEVASTATED!

4. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

really gutted for you. I park in a multi storey every day and just dread this as much as the car getting keyed!

5. benw123

benw123 Moderator

When I read the title I thought "oh no" ...

Let's hope it's not too expensive to sort out. Wonder if it's something Dent Devils (or similar) could tackle at a reasonable cost?

6. rich1068

rich1068 Member

Drive off job.

Actually, I didn't spot it straight away it being on the passenger side. It wasn't until I was stood there, bucket in hand, ready to give it the Sunday 'treatment' that I stopped dead and started making a sort of high pitched mewing noise. Quite unearthly, the neighbours dog started howling and people brought their children inside.

7. A3simon

A3simon Active Member

Gutted for you. Id find a good back street garage to get it repaired

8. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

sickener mate hasn't happened to me yet but I dread parking at supermarket I always park well away from entrance but invariably when you come out theres always a 4 wheel drive or some pile of sh-te parked next to you and I always check my car.
    Hope you can get it sorted at reasonable cost

9. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

Sorry but..... I don't like it! Can't believe the nerve of some people! Just drive off.... I might be naive but if it was me a little note with my contact and an apology would be the least!

Pedro

10. rich1068

rich1068 Member

lol!

Really? Would you? I like to think I'd do the same. Who knows? Like you Pedro, I'm actually quite capable of maneuvering my car out of a space without hitting anything so the situation has never cropped up.

Bastards.

11. Burt25

Burt25 Member

Really feel for you mate - hope you get it sorted without too much cost.
    When I park at the super market I always park at the far end of the car park, usually leaving at least 4 spaced between me and the next car (my wife thinks Im mad!) - Why is it though that when you get back to the car, there's always a people carrier or 4x4 parked within about 6 inches!! - or someone has abandoned a trolley right beside your pride and joy - really p****s me off. - some people dont give a toss about their cars or other peoples! - Rant over!

12. A3simon

A3simon Active Member

I know people dont agree with this but ive always parked my car on 2 spaces no matter where iam

13. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

You are in serious risk of being keyed, Simon! That p****s of a lot of people! Not me though...

Pedro

14. curley

curley Member

Gutted..Same thing happened to me last year. Had my GTi for a week, went to Asda, come out and felt sick.. Same side but with mine it went onto the door too.
    Shopping come to £65, repair bill was just over £500..
    Hope you get it sorted soon Rich

15. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Total assholes.

Really sorry, had this done to 2 cars so far, with major repairs.

16. MattS

MattS Member

We just had our A3 keyed across the bonnett!! I know how annoying it is!!!

Feel for you buddy!! Hope you get it sorted.

17. rich1068

rich1068 Member

Well I got a guy from one of those cosmetic repair companies coming out to look at it tomorrow. He's a friend of a friend and he'll tell me straight if it will come out or whether it's £££ at the body shop.

18. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Me too, but only if the car park is half empty and I do park it far enough away from the crowds to be in a different postcode.

19. rich1068

rich1068 Member

I've just had the guy from 'Dents Impossible' ( linky ) round to have a look and he didn't seem phased at all. There's a tiny area where it's cracked the lacquer which may still be visible but he reckons the rest will polish out and the dents will be gone.