My New Dog - Two Days to go

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Last September, my wife and I had to have our 12-year old dog, Barney, put down. We were totally devastated, as he was a fantastic little fella, but he had contracted a nasty strain of diabetes which, combined with Cushings Disease, meant he was untreatable. So we took the decision for him, even though it ripped us to bits.

Well, after a lonely and aimless winter (what do people do when they haven't got a dog to take for a walk in the woods or along the beach?!), we have chosen our new dog. He's a maltese terrier/bichon frise cross, born on 29 December last year. His name is Ike, and we will be bringing him home on Thursday.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ike:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/jdp1962/Image047.jpg

Here's to many years of friendship from Ike :beerchug:

He looks a cheeky little monkey too, lol.

He's a gorgeous little thing - good luck with him. We've just bought a Japanese Akita pup, 8 weeks old and a handful already. Will get some pics up of Major soon. By the way anyone know wheres best place to get pet insurance from, so far im getting best quote from Tescos at 11.98 per month , policy literally covers everything - is that reasonable

pav-g said:
He's a gorgeous little thing - good luck with him. We've just bought a Japanese Akita pup, 8 weeks old and a handful already. Will get some pics up of Major soon. By the way anyone know wheres best place to get pet insurance from, so far im getting best quote from Tescos at 11.98 per month , policy literally covers everything - is that reasonable

I've got a quote from Petplan for £10.38, but Ike is a small cross breed, so they might quote you more for an Akita. Worth a try if you haven't already looked.

treblesykes said:
you look just like the guy in your avatar

That was during my National Service days. :icon_thumright:

Several people have said Ike and I have exactly the same expression in that pic.

jdp1962 said:
I've got a quote from Petplan for £10.38, but Ike is a small cross breed, so they might quote you more for an Akita. Worth a try if you haven't already looked.

Petplan have quoted me nearly £25 per month which I think is pretty expensive, obviously the wife doesnt. But ive been given some useful advise from a forum member which im going to look into.