1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Carbon b-pillars and door inserts...or is it...??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by hatmeow, Nov 13, 2008.

1. hatmeow

hatmeow Turbo is the only way....

[Nov 13, 2008]
    I originally wanted to order the OSIR carbon B pillars and have the door inserts custom made with Carbon fibre as well. However, the price is very high at over US$700.

I am really against using carbon stickers as its really Cheezy and really not suited for an Audi... But, I found this stuff in our local version of "Halfords" in Hong Kong and decided to give this a try. Its not cheap at about US$180 for a sheet that is 40cm x 60cm but its still way cheaper than spending US$700

Its called "Magical Carbon" and its from a Japanese company called Hasepro. http://www.hasepro.com/hasecar/public_html/catalog.htm This stuff is basically a thin sheet of PVC that has the look and the texture of Carbon fibre. The good part is that you can work it over bends with a blow dryer and it forms to the shape (to a certain extent). The glue is super tough but peels off without any residue.

Here are some pics and the final result... It looks so nice that I am doing the shifter trim and ashtray tomorrow!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 17, 2014]

3. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

[Nov 13, 2008]
    Looks good that !!

Richard
  4. Stevie C

Stevie C Stevie C

[Nov 13, 2008]
    Looks good but pricey!

worth it if it can be worked into shape though!
  5. maars

maars Full speed ahead

[Nov 14, 2008]
    A few of the US guys have used Embossed Carbon Fiber Vinyl Upholstery Fabric to good effect...looks very similar but you need to glue it on.
    [​IMG]

$ 28.90 per yard (Cut Yard)