1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Car...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Big Bird, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

[Mar 9, 2010]
    Hey,

Just joined here after buying my first Audi last week. Spent ages looking, but eventually found what i wanted- a 2009 A4 Avant S-line. It's a 2.0 TFSi Quattro with B&O audio, full leather, interior light pack, sat nav, reversing camera and loads of other little extras i've not even used yet!! Coming from a subaru impreza, this is a completely different direction and motor, but one i love and was pleasantly surprised at how capable it is. I had to travel from Scotland to London and back to get it, but i think i got a bit of a bargain with it.....

Anyway, here it is........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 26, 2015]

3. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

[Mar 9, 2010]
    Very nice dude, you must be very proud. Is she brilliant red or missano, either way it looks fantastic.

You are going to need more than two photos as well :)

Thats one hell of a change in vehicle as well, have fun.
  4. Andy101

Andy101 Member

[Mar 9, 2010]
    Welcome !!

I bet the journey back up to Scotland was more fun than the journey down !!
  5. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Mar 10, 2010]
    Nice!! I was very close in going for exactly that but I'd have red Audi's for the last 8.5 years so went for a change.

Surprised you came down from Scotland to London. Often people do it the other way as the good cars always seem to be up there !!
  6. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

[Mar 10, 2010]
    The car is Misano red with the optional 19" double blade alloys. Yes, it is a bit of a change from an impreza, but i've had EVO's, imprezas and other daft stuff over the last 17 years, so felt i needed a change and this is exactly what i needed!!!

The trip back up the road was great- 8 hours to really evaluate and enjoy the car!!! I actually flew down, so that bit was easy!!!

I have spent 2 months looking all over Scotland and through the local Audi network, but couldn't find what i wanted. By chance, this came up in London and basically the deal was done over the phone!! I flew down, test drove the car, paid for it by CHAP's, had lunch and drove home!!

I'll get some better pics soon- the weather is improving up here all the time!!!!
  7. Quietlife

Quietlife Member

[Mar 10, 2010]
    Looks great. I've just seen a Misano red saloon with the same wheels and sat nav! Seriously considering it.
  8. bcampbell

bcampbell New Member

[Mar 17, 2010]
    Did the travelling south thing myself.....twice!

The first was from Fontain in London and the second was from Newcastle. I was after something a bit different a couple of years ago and so I went for a DTM edition. Thought for a while mine was the only one in Aberdeen. Now I personally know 2 guys here who each have one and one of them is the guy who was my best man!! He came from a Scoobie as well and was worried as to what the performance would be like but after I gave him a couple of spins he decided to go for one.

There is a 3rd one that is about 2 streets away and which I drive past every day. Aberdeen is a bit of a wash with good quality cars. Must be an oil thing. I think that because the second hand sales tend to be higher up here and travelling south gives us the choice and normally a saving.

Currently awaiting delivery of a new S4 due within a week. Will post the pics when it comes.
  9. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

[Mar 17, 2010]
    I know what you mean about the Aberdeen thing- my brother stays there and works for an oil company, but he too has travelled down south on the last two occasions to buy his cars.
  10. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

[Mar 21, 2010]
    Some new pics. Still not up to my usual stadard of photography, but i blame theScottish weather!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Quietlife

Quietlife Member

[Mar 21, 2010]
    That's a corker. The one I was after got sold which was a bit of a downer!
  12. rizwankhan2001

rizwankhan2001 New Member

[Mar 21, 2010]
    hey guys currently considering the current A4 and want to know where the AUX input is i've read the manual and it specifies its in the centre console but i cant seem to find it even after looking around an S-Line A4 inside.. Needing to know for ipod purposes and the one i'm looking at currently hasnt got AMI which is unfortunate.. thanks
  13. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Mar 21, 2010]
    I don't have an aux on mine but then I do have AMI. Have you considered getting AMI retrofitted instead?
  14. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

[Mar 21, 2010]
    I test drove one without AMI and the aux input was in the glovebox.

However, i love my music and really wanted Bang and Olufson with AMI, so i waited for the right car!!
  15. MattW

MattW Reverse

[Mar 21, 2010]
    Looks a nice combo! :)