My New A5 'Special Edition' in Velvet Purple!!

B15 MAK

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have today purchased a brand new Audi A5 S Line 'special edition' in Velvet Purple! 2 litre TDI Quattro!

Cannot wait to get the keys Friday! I really like the colour and I am told its likely to be a one off!

Went into the garage after a black edition in either grey or black but I saw this in the window and was instantly drawn to it!

Hope you like!

Cheers
Ben

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,885
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,455
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,848
Reactions: Statler and CHEZ
Oh that colour is the dogs!! Love it nice find.

Reactions: B15 MAK
Amazing colour, very classy. Not a colour I'd ever have imagined would exist on A5, but it looks superb, good choice.

Thanks Guys! Yes i believe it is metalic. It was sat in the Birmingham Audi Showroom as a 'one off' speacial edition! 2 Litre TDI Quattro S Tronic! Tech pack, Electric mirrors, Heated seats etc! I pick the keys up this afternoon.. Cannot WAIT!!!

Reactions: warren_S5
The velvet purple is a lovely colour, someone on another forum also had it in velvet. Not a colour I would every have thought to chose until seeing pictures of it, IMHO it's striking without being gaudy.

I agree it does boarder the gaudy line but I think it sits the right side of it :)

I loved the black edition and was originally going to go for the daytonna grey but when I saw this I had to stretch the budget as I like the uniqueness of it ! 4pm can't come quick enough today!

Haha, I'll bet, your impatience will probably increase in an inverse proportion to the proximity of 4pm! I hope it's sunny later as I'd love to see some more photos of it in the sun.

And definitely the right side of gaudy, the only thing putting me off would be the price for the exclusive paint - I'd probably rather spend it on other options. But all else being equal I would definitely consider it next time around.

Reactions: warren_S5
Looking forward to some sun drenched pics of it later on to see it in it's full glory

The velvet purple is a lovely colour, someone on another forum also had it in velvet. Not a colour I would every have thought to chose until seeing pictures of it, IMHO it's striking without being gaudy.

That is the one that came to my mind too mate ... and YES it looked amazing !!!!

Stunning colour truly stunning :)

Reactions: Shrek5
Haha, I'll bet, your impatience will probably increase in an inverse proportion to the proximity of 4pm! I hope it's sunny later as I'd love to see some more photos of it in the sun.

And definitely the right side of gaudy, the only thing putting me off would be the price for the exclusive paint - I'd probably rather spend it on other options. But all else being equal I would definitely consider it next time around.

Hope it goes better than my experience so far! Sent my details to the Dealer last Friday for the DVLA so I could pick the car up this Wednesday just gone. Rang them Tuesday, and was told they hadn't received them from me to which I replied I had a read receipt. They checked for the e-mail and found it but didn't see the attachment:wtf:. So they didn't bother contacting me from Friday, it was only on the off chance that I had rung that anything was put into action. They now were to send these on Tuesday with the intension of picking the car up Friday. I rang then yesterday to ask if again was in for a disappointing response to be told it wont be this week.

The reason now being they sent the details by fax (is it the stone age) and they DVLA Swansea said it was too dark to read, so they have to send it again. It's now looking at being Wednesday next week at the earliest:(.

Hope it goes better than my experience so far! Sent my details to the Dealer last Friday for the DVLA so I could pick the car up this Wednesday just gone. Rang them Tuesday, and was told they hadn't received them from me to which I replied I had a read receipt. They checked for the e-mail and found it but didn't see the attachment:wtf:. So they didn't bother contacting me from Friday, it was only on the off chance that I had rung that anything was put into action. They now were to send these on Tuesday with the intension of picking the car up Friday. I rang then yesterday to ask if again was in for a disappointing response to be told it wont be this week.

The reason now being they sent the details by fax (is it the stone age) and they DVLA Swansea said it was too dark to read, so they have to send it again. It's now looking at being Wednesday next week at the earliest:(.

Many Audi dealers; just two words f*****g useless, that is all.

Reactions: Shrek5 and stetheo
Touchwood ! They have been good with me! Only paid deposit Wednesday and I have had the call today to say the car will be ready at 3pm today, An hour early! All though I have work commitments until 4 ish!

I will try get some Pics tonight if not over the weekend as I can't wait to see the paint work out in the fresh air!

Now do I de badge and slightly tint windows? or will that ruin the look! Don't want to over do it ...

What's the spec difference between an S-Line and a Special Edition S-Line?

I'm ditching the V6T badges as their a bit 'false' advertising in the eyes of the uninitiated, but they are being replaced by something more appropriate.

Aren't your windows tinted already?

Last edited:
Reactions: DAYTONA 500
As crazy as it sounds I can't remember but the pics I took which are attached on the 1 st post show no tinting to the front and slight tinting (I Think) to the rears.. I am considering at the least to have the front windows in line with the rears or darken the whole lot but not too much.. Don't want to appear ganagsta looking lol

In regards to S Line and Special Edition I am not too sure... As in the pics it shows it advertised as that. I was told the paint and the spec is 1 off!

Just glanced at my confirmation of reg form and they have called it a Black Edition!!

Either way I love it and it looks different IMO :)

Black edition has tints, but front tints won't pass MOT and aren't legal

I believe the front sides must let 70% of light through..?

Correct, but that's how they are out of the factory, anything more is an MOT fail/illegal.

Lovely colour, hints of BMW Techno-Violet, which always looked amazing on the e36...

Not long now...

Not long now fella, hour and a quarter!

Bet the last hour drags (and where's the ****** sun)?

Keep it together ;-)

I am disappointed there isn't a live Twitter feed or something going on... ;)

Reactions: warren_S5 and Snake Pliskin
I see your car every day I believe. Black Audi A4 parked just a few spaces away from you? It looks stunning.

My friend has just bought one of these. From what I can see it's an A5. S line black edition in Velvet Purple. It's a stunning colour. My friend has no idea what exact model it is or what the original retail price would be.

Can anybody help?

It has full leather, parking sensors, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, 19" Rotors and B&O Speakers.

Hi everyone!

I have today purchased a brand new Audi A5 S Line 'special edition' in Velvet Purple! 2 litre TDI Quattro!

Cannot wait to get the keys Friday! I really like the colour and I am told its likely to be a one off!

Went into the garage after a black edition in either grey or black but I saw this in the window and was instantly drawn to it!

Hope you like!

Cheers
Ben
That colour is the dogs!!!!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
My friend has just bought one of these. From what I can see it's an A5. S line black edition in Velvet Purple. It's a stunning colour. My friend has no idea what exact model it is or what the original retail price would be.

Can anybody help?

It has full leather, parking sensors, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, 19" Rotors and B&O Speakers.

Sounds like a Black Edition to me, get him to post some pics when he's got it.

JG

He's just picked it up but he's not on here.

Am I right in thinking that the velvet purple is an Audi Individual colour and costs around £2000+?

It's also mentioned earlier in this thread that there was an S line Black Edition special Edition that was in this colour.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,376
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 951
He's just picked it up but he's not on here.

Am I right in thinking that the velvet purple is an Audi Individual colour and costs around £2000+?

It's also mentioned earlier in this thread that there was an S line Black Edition special Edition that was in this colour.

I think Velvet Purple is an exclusive colour, couldn't tell you how much it costs though, car defo a Black Edition.

Swirls don't look to deep, a good pass with a DA Polisher should sort them out.

And why hasn't he joined the Forum,lol. :gun2:

JG

Yeah I will sort it out with my DA.

I'm turning my workmates into petrolheads so I will convince him to join! Lol

Reactions: RS5 JON