1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New A4 - Whats on it

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by chasdrury, Jan 28, 2005.

1. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Hi guys

bought an A4 today the dealer says it has a ABT kit on it...I am not sure if it does. Although its ABT wheels on it...Please help!

How do I put attachments on, I can't find anywhere to do it!!!

Chaz

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Figured it out now!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GS65

GS65 Member

That is a standard GMBH S line (sport ) body kit .The wheels and rear lights are not standard and also the front seats will have been an expensive extra.Looks very nice same colour as mine.

5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

ABT wheels, standard gmbh sports body kit - absolutely fantastic seats - i wish i could find a set of those for my car, or a car with them in already. Very nice, happy motoring.

6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

You car looks fantastic and i agree those seats look amazing!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

7. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    absolutely fantastic seats - i wish i could find a set of those for my car, or a car with them in already.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You mean like the S4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    The are supurb although a mate said they were the same as he had in a V6 Mondeo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. Nice Car - Are the wheels scuffed mate ?

9. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the comments. Are there any extras I can get to the bodykit or do other additions look silly on it?

The wheels are scuffed - I am picking it up in a couple of weeks after it has been through the full Audi Approved Used car programme - service, new tyres, repairs scuffs and polish the car etc.

The other thing I was hoping for some help with is that the dealers say it is a 163PS version. But, it has a six speed box on it. All the other info I can find says the 6 speed box was available only on the 190PS???????

One last thing - whats the vbest way to improve the handling, it feels like it has a lost of body roll. Can I get uprated/lowered suspension for it, and how low could i lower it by with them rims on it? It has the sport suspension already.

Cheers

Chaz

10. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Chas, your car looks amazing, you were very lucky to find those recaros. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I think the limited edition had the stock 163 bhp, while the s-line has the 190 bhp with the 18"s alloys, both i think they have the same body kit.

It's a shame audi don't make the recaros an extra on other model like A3's and A6's, their is definately a market for it. You even get them on a Vauxhall Zafira GSI in half leather (check out the tv advert with the 2 little boys cleaning their cars on the drive). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

11. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Yeah - it was quite lucky as soon as I saw those seats it was deposit time! They are fully electric too - forward/back , up/down , rake , lumbar (4 way)....

Any ideas on the handling?

Chaz

12. VACINC

VACINC Member

on the head lights , whats those little black jobbies on the bumper ??????????

13. [ QUOTE ]
    Hi Guys,

Cheers for the comments. Are there any extras I can get to the bodykit or do other additions look silly on it?

The wheels are scuffed - I am picking it up in a couple of weeks after it has been through the full Audi Approved Used car programme - service, new tyres, repairs scuffs and polish the car etc.

The other thing I was hoping for some help with is that the dealers say it is a 163PS version. But, it has a six speed box on it. All the other info I can find says the 6 speed box was available only on the 190PS???????

One last thing - whats the vbest way to improve the handling, it feels like it has a lost of body roll. Can I get uprated/lowered suspension for it, and how low could i lower it by with them rims on it? It has the sport suspension already.

Cheers

Chaz

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like it has a 'RED T' on the back, if it has then it's a 190ps motor . The engine code for the 190ps is 'BEX' it should be in the front of the service book . I know you could spec the Recaros on the first of the 190ps 1.8T sports before they changed the spec to the S-Line early 2004. Very nice . Enjoy!

14. Also I just remembered as it's a Quattro it will be a 6 speed even if it is a 163ps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

15. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Cool....

So what do peeople recommend doing to the engine to get a few more horses? (assuming its the 163 bhp one)

Also what about lowering / stiffer suspension?

Chaz

16. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

Get a set of FK coilovers for it should cost about 600 squids and they are fully adjstable and get it chipped so it will be a little over 200bhp.

17. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Who are the best guys to get it chipped by?

Chaz