My New A3, picking it up Monday, thoughts?

Bailey

Reaction score
Hi people,

After 3 years of owning my 2005 A3 2.0 TDI i thought it was time for a change so I have been saving and now it is time for my upgrade.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

The 2.0 TDI 170 Black Edition was listed at £17,000 and I am trading in my car and paying £11,000 for it. Is that quite a reasonable price for the car?

It has done 30,000 miles on a 2009 reg, also what do people think of the car itself?

Any advice, thoughts or information would be good.

Bailey

Reactions: Harrelson and I oOEddOo I
"also what do people think of the car itself?"

Very Tasty!!!!!!!

iv got a white one and it is awesome, so smooth to drive and plenty of power. love seeing the drl's reflecting off other cars.. you got any plans for it?

Many thanks for the comments so far guys

iv got a white one and it is awesome, so smooth to drive and plenty of power. love seeing the drl's reflecting off other cars.. you got any plans for it?

I havent got any plans just yet to be perfectly honest, do you think the price I am paying for it is reasonable?

Regards

Bailey

I would have thought the price is pretty reasonable.. its a good spec and in very good condition. Its around what id expect to pay.

do you think the price I am paying for it is reasonable?

The £17k for the new car is reasonable, but the £6k you got on your part-ex could've been better IMO.
I part-ex'd my old 53 plate 2.0 FSI a year ago and got £8k for it, and TDIs usually fetch more than petrols.

Nice car, by the way.

holycrap Ads, a 53 for 8k is amazing and possibly a one off price.

I think the price you got for your 2005 is good for PX. And the new car is tasty as said, and price tag is also good.

Happy birthday fella. This the car we were talking about the other day? Looks good. What the miles on your A3? Full service history?
Does it have to be a 170? There quite a decent red black edition with low miles on autotrader 140 model though and a few 1.8T.
Car looks mint and the price i'd say not too bad considering the miles. I'd pay it lol

The £17k for the new car is reasonable, but the £6k you got on your part-ex could've been better IMO.
I part-ex'd my old 53 plate 2.0 FSI a year ago and got £8k for it, and TDIs usually fetch more than petrols.

Nice car, by the way.

£8k!!! I bet you were pleased :happy:

Last edited:
Nice motor mate.

Not a lot you can do about the figures now.. No point in worrying about it. Just get on with enjoying it.

holycrap Ads, a 53 for 8k is amazing and possibly a one off price.

I think the price you got for your 2005 is good for PX. And the new car is tasty as said, and price tag is also good.

£8k!!! I bet you were pleased :happy:

Yeh I was kinda pleased. :happy:
Although you could also look at it as though I got £7k part-ex and a £1k discount on my new car instead.

This is why I don't like talking part-ex and purchase prices with dealers.
"I can give you my car plus this much cash" usually works best.

Lovely car mate! DRLs are the business as is the flat bottom wheel.
Good luck keeping it as clean as that tho, should have gone white!

It's the cost to change that matters!

I was given a part-ex of £12.5k on my '06 2.0T quattro S-Line a few months ago (way, way over book part-ex) - but "nothing" off my S3. Interestingly, they retailed my old car at £15k - when I'd only bought it for £1k more 2 years earlier. ;)

well done mate i pick mine up monday too lol but mines a sport back

Well Done mate!

V nice... I thought you were going to go sportback though...

Nally thats stunning! I think anthracite grey refurb should be the first mod!

I really cant wait to pick her up now. SO SO Excited! what do you people think I should do with mods etc?

Bailey

Lowering, new alloys and a cheeky remap :wub:

Yeah good idea there mate, I will keep the alloys on tho for a while as I really like them. It would have to be the new RS3 alloys if I did upgrade tho ;)

How much would a remap cost?

Bailey

Yeah good idea there mate, I will keep the alloys on tho for a while as I really like them. It would have to be the new RS3 alloys if I did upgrade tho ;)

How much would a remap cost?

Bailey

Yeah thats fair enough fella. Some lows and it will look even better on those alloys. One of the best mods to do! Changes the appearance and handling alot.

Remap all depends who you go with really fella. Choices Revo, Shark, Superchip, Giac, Custom Code etc etc.
There a thread in the FAQ with alot of comments on the above companys for remaps.
May give you a good insight and help you pick :thumbsup:

N8 ur round the corner can u scan a car in stockport.? And do u do revo

Not too far away then if you fancied a meet up. Just noticed on the dealers site they are listing it as a 170BHP version but upon checking with mycarcheck on iphone it says its a 140bhp model. Wierd!!!

2009 AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 170 Black Edition

Bailey

Can anybody help me with that? The car is listed as a TDI 170 but upon entering the reg onto insurance websites and on mycarcheck app on the iphone it says its a 140bhp model and not the 170 as listed.

What do you guys think? The link to the add for the car is in the post above.

Cheers

Bailey

hi guys just an update
spoke to quicks today its been motd, preped, but arm rest not fitted they are blaming audi for the part not coming in. i am fumin took the day off work to sort this out its suppoed to be delivered tomorrow. manager is back in tomorrow i may be able to get it tueday. but i was thinking i may ask they to take the pice off the car and get the arm rest myself is it difficult to fit ? its the lid that knackered the little clip snapped.

N8 ill pm you when i know more tomorrow mate about the scan. gonna pm you now about remap.:(

Can anybody help me with that? The car is listed as a TDI 170 but upon entering the reg onto insurance websites and on mycarcheck app on the iphone it says its a 140bhp model and not the 170 as listed.

What do you guys think? The link to the add for the car is in the post above.

Cheers
Bailey
my sport dose this but gives you an option of the 140/ 170 it may be the system the car insurance uses. check diff companys that may show up diffrent..

Here you go people on a car info checker online:

IMG_0340.jpg

Bailey

baily can i have the link please. buy the looks of the add they just got in wrong

looks like theyve made a mistake. i done that but the other way, i thought mine was a 140 until i went to insure it and realized it was a 170 :)

looks like theyve made a mistake. i done that but the other way, i thought mine was a 140 until i went to insure it and realized it was a 170 :)

always a nice supprise till you tax it