1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new A3 3DR 2008!! MY09/MY11 rear lamps upgrade!!

clubrocker May 25, 2013

1. clubrocker

clubrocker New Member

Hey everybody! I bought my first Audi a couple of weeks ago; an A3 2.0 FSI 3DR 2008. It was in really good condition and I'm really pleased with the car! I've been descoverying a new feature almost every day! (last one was finding out it has a subwoofer! cool!! :rock:)

So here is the thing, I had the idea to upgrade the whole car to the 2009's facelift at first, but after finding out that isn't really a cheap upgrade at all, I've changed my mind and now just want to change the tail lights!

At first I was pretty sure I liked the MY11 over the MY09's lights on my Lava Grey, but I've been thinking the MY11 may look a bit weird as they are a Little too "new" for the car (mine has the pre-styling bumpers with a stripe, not the facelifted "clear" ones). So...

Does anybody has a pre-facelifted Lava grey A3 with the tail lights upgrade?? With pics to show to help me decide between MY09 and MY11??

View attachment 15987
    IMG_0713.jpg

I know this thread has been discussed before, but i couldn't find an A3 with the same rear bumper as mine and I wasnt sure if I should revive an old thread or just post a new one. :blush:

Thanks for your help! :yes:

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. SAiLO

SAiLO Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

They will look great, just buy them.

3. clubrocker

clubrocker New Member

You mean MY11 or MY09?

You did the MY09 upgrade right? Can you post a pic of your car?

4. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

5. clubrocker

clubrocker New Member

Thanks!! I've seen many of you already did the upgrade, does anybody has pictures to show/post? any kind of grey (dolphin, meteor, lava, etc) will work for me! Thank you!!

6. clubrocker

clubrocker New Member

Hey people! I uploaded some pictures I made using photoshop of the tail lights options... which one do you like the most??

Comp1.jpg

Comp2.jpg

Comp3.jpg

I think I'm going for the MY09's.

If anybody needs help with any accesory, I can help using photoshop to "try" them out first ;)

7. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

go for the My11 look much better and makes the car look more modern

8. danb986

danb986 In awe of VCDS Team Daytona

The darker ones get my vote. (not sure if those are 9's or 11's because I've got a Sportback)

9. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

MY11's get my vote as well!