1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mobile.

orb Jan 12, 2010

1. orb

orb Member

Hello.

My Mobile (Blackberry Storm) is playing up, and I am taking to to Vodafone to have it sorted tomorrow. I rang them up today and they offered me a new phone (again). I have been with Voda for over ten years and they like me a lot as I am a heavy user and I pay on time.

They said to me I can have another Storm (2 this time) or an Apple I-phone.

I asked the rather friendly dude for the night to think (and to get my storm repaired so I can flog the old one as being like new)

I am not sure if I want an I phone, the storm is fantastic for me, the web is quick, the email works well and it is not an Apple. But, I do like the quirk of the I phone.

I have a few questions before I order either, obviously I know the Storm as I have had it for a year and I like it alot so I need no advice on this.

I am a big music man, but I like to do it on my terms, I like Torrent downloading and copying to my BB. With the I-phone, do I have to 'buy' music from I(gay)tunes ?

I dont want to be policed in this way, I want to have the stuff on my PC and connect a USB cable and transfer it all over. Not have to buy it again and stuff.

Also, is it a capable Email phone, I have 3 Hotmail accounts, 1 Yahoo, 1 Sky and 1 BTConnect. Can it handle these like the storm can?

Do I have to pay for 'aps' ? (can I get stuff by other means?)

What do you think?

I like the Blackberry, and I am having my one repaired so I can keep it. But I am being offered a new blower on a great deal so I may as well have one.

Please reply with your thoughts.

2. orb

orb Member

Oh, The above probably does not read too well as I am pissed. I know what I mean though. Think of it as a challenge :) :)

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Any update on this?

If you're not totally done with BB's I can thoroughly recommend the Bold 9700.