My mate got clamped

AudiTom

Reaction score
basically, my mate got clamped from parking on the double yellows on the road outside his driveway. we unbolted the wheel and took the clamp off and hid it inside his shed.
He received letters from the DVLA. is this illegal to remove the clamp. I thought we were allowed as long as it was undamaged.

Advice please he needs help.

Ahh don't we love paying taxes to be spent on punishing us haha

Ahh don't we love paying taxes to be spent on punishing us haha

Double yellow lines are typically there because it is a hazard to park there for other motorists.

yeah but his rear wheel was touching the line in my eyes but seriously clamping keeps ur car in the hazard longer?

Reactions: xpoweruk
didn't even realise you could get clamped for being on double yellows.... thought the only thing you could be clamped for these days was lack of tax

government clamp
theft

yeah but his rear wheel was touching the line in my eyes but seriously clamping keeps ur car in the hazard longer?

Have to draw the line somewhere. 'Just the rear wheel' can turn into 'just the 1/4 of the car' to 'just half the car' etc etc.

As for the clamp, I see your point, but the clamp, like a ticket fine, is a deterrent to stop people doing it, not a solution to the problem caused.

My point is if you don't want your taxes going towards punishing you, don't commit the offence!

I also guess they are not happy the clamp has effectively been stolen, as they have no idea how the clamp was removed so your mate may also find a nice bill for a replacement clamp.

Update to this thread. He took the clamp to a station and gave it back and paid the fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost