1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My lunch hour mods!

unikarl Sep 1, 2010

1. unikarl

unikarl Member

Well, I decided on sorting out the dull lighting on the front of the car and spiced it up a bit with some LED's.

Firstly I did the sidelights in the headlamps. I got can bus compatible ones from ultrleds then I fitted a pair of them into the fog's too. Simple enough to drill them in and run the wore to the side lights so within an hour the job was done.

I'm pleased with the results but I cant get a decent picture to save my life... So much for better camera's on the iphone 4!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

2. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

They look sweet buddy - are they just side lights in the fogs or led H11 bulbs?

3. unikarl

unikarl Member

They are side lights in the fogs. I wanted to keep the real fog lights working too so I drilled these into the side and sealed them in. They have LED's facing forward and to two sides so they spread the light really well.

4. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

I like it :)

5. Playsatan

Playsatan New Member

Where did you take the power feed from? Just scotch lock connections running down from the original sidelight feeds or what?

6. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Yeah he said he just tapped into the sidelight wiring.

7. unikarl

unikarl Member

Yeah, that's it. Just scotch locked em in. Job Done!

8. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

I have standard yellow lights all-round at the mo. What do I need including part numbers to change my sidelights to LED? is it hard? Thanks.

Looks sweet btw!!

9. unikarl

unikarl Member

10. Fahim

Fahim Member

Dont the normal side lights have a two pin sort of connection in which the wiring is female and the bulb male (the bulb has 2 things sticking out of it?)

i don't see that in the link you provided so how do you fit them in?

I dont suppose you would like to do them for me in my avant for some beer tokens eh? ;)

11. unikarl

unikarl Member

They just slot in as a direct replacement.

I'll do owt for a few beer tokens!!

12. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

Nice one, thanks mate :)