My latest Audi, an a4 b7 avant black edition quattro

Out of interest, how much does it smoke now the DPF has been removed?

Well before I blew my turbo mine with a straight through pipe hardly smoked at all.....just the odd puff every now and then, so not that much more from when I was running it with a map and DPF.

I've since learned that the turbo may have been damaged due to the regens with the DPF, but I'll find out for sure when I can take the turbo off for replacement/repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of interest, how much does it smoke now the DPF has been removed?

Yeah not a lot at all maybe a little poof on start up and when I launch out of work sideways haha but it's pretty smoke free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like the big brakes !!! So you have S4 front 345 and rear 300 right ?

Yeah that's right mate, fronts fit really nice with 18's and the backs look loads better than 255. There vented too

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
there are a few sets of calipers on fleabay for silly money and rubbish condition, why is it when the words S and RS get added to the number 4 prices just get plain stupid, moreso when S4 calipers are basically the same as the ones found numerous other A4's just the carriers are different and they are interchangeable anyway for a lot less than to buy complete S4 assemblies and disks can be sourced a much better price elsewhere.

Reactions: DieselJake
Crazy isn't it! I wouldn't have got them if I didn't get a bargain

that's why i went for the brembo's better caliper for the money

I'm planning on getting rid of the egr cooler, and got my b5 perches to fit when I find motivation, I wanted to fit a new front suspension link kit while I'm there, if I was just to remove the shocker would I be able to do that without touching the toffee pinch bolts? Il probably just get the cheapest link kit unless someone has a reason not too haha.
IMG 9738

The small pipe to the cooler il take fully off and then put the longer pipe that disappears into bulk head onto where the small pipe was and hopefully it won't kink?

Also the little pipe on the actuator thingy marked 3 shall I just put a screw in there to blank it?

You just need something to plug #3 up James so a bolt will do fine.

Fingers crossed it doesn't kink but it's quite a soft pipe.

Reactions: James.c
What size pipe would the hoses go onto mate?

Cheers fellas think il get a 90 bend and cut the longer pipe, always liked getting rid of clutter in engine bays!

My old Toyota even shipped the battery out of there haha!
IMG 9708

Really need to sort my oil pump get some xennon headlamps, get my wheels refurbed and really fancy a fmic but me and the mrs are expecting our first child so don't think il manage any of those anytime soon!

Congrats on the Mrs being pregnant.....but get anything you want doing before he/she is born as you'll be skint for a long time after.

Reactions: GDCAUDIA4B7, Dani_B19, Toblahoe and 1 other person
My mind is telling me oil pump but my heart tells me different, I missed out on a gtb2260 the other week

yep agree with Carl, buy them all now mate or you'll never get any of them lmao

Can't I get away with buying the bambino a big fmic for his/hers 1st birthday lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley, tony mc and carlcall
Congrats on the Mrs being pregnant.....but get anything you want doing before he/she is born as you'll be skint for a long time after.

yep agree with carl, congrats on the small feet due, better get what you need now or stash the cash james as it will be a very, very , long time before you have any spare time or cash once you have a small person aswell.
good luck with everything james.

Can't I get away with buying the bambino a big fmic for his/hers 1st birthday lol

I don't think you'll get that one by the wife james.....

Persuade the Mrs that he/she will be a car guy/girl and then it's a perfect present!

You could always do what I used to do with my Ex and a) Totally ignore that it's been delivered and put it in the garage and denying any knowledge of it ever being in the house or b) Tell her it's stuff for work....but this only works if you're self employed!

Well don't tell anyone but as far as she is concerned the s4 brakes are my original ones with new discs and pads just painted

Reactions: carlcall, Charlie Farley and Dani_B19
Congratulations on the baby pal. Say good by to your spare time. Trust me I know haha.

Reactions: James.c and carlcall
Well don't tell anyone but as far as she is concerned the s4 brakes are my original ones with new discs and pads just painted

Are 100% sure you're good lady doesn't read this forum when your out james.....you know what these ladies are like, darn sneaky sometimes ..lol

Reactions: carlcall
Just a little picture havnt been on in a while! Been working a lot and waiting to find a cheap bobber so just keeping my little beast clean and tidy

Reactions: Sean_ and Charlie Farley
Looking nice james, I thought you'd upgraded to something newer and left us all......glad you're still in B7 ownership.

Haha no mate still Inlove with the beauty! Just not had time to do anything! Got a pipe to remove the egr cooler say waiting, b5 cups sat waiting and my alloys are sill in a terrible state lol Iv been messing around fixing friends cars for them and father in law has just got a 110 defender Iv been playing with so just enjoying driving mine ATM

Howdy strangers! Still got the Audi Mrs still has a nipper in her belly (3rd day past due date!)
Had a few problems with the Audi.
My drivers window controls have become abit old my window control doesn't feel right and sometimes doesn't go back up so Iv got a set off eBay just despise taking door cards off :dizzy:
The second problem was that I destroyed my front tyres on the inside wall due to my tracking being out, wore one down to the wire past the thread :flushed: but when I got new tyres and 4 wheel alignment he said he couldn't do it properly it was all siezed I had a similar problem with another garage when I first got it are they notoriously a ball ache to do Quattro's?

Anyway while it was there I had to leave my key in a wheel arch of one of his cars, it rained he said it got wet and not it doesn't work. No red light so changed the battery and now I don't know how to code it in as its my only key can anyone help on this one because it's getting on my tits :tearsofjoy:

Hey peeps! Been a very long time since I was last on here! I sold the old girl and have moved on.......
Now a proud owner of a a6 c7 avant! Il start a thread on there if anyone wants a look it’s been a pleasure