1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my last question regarding my maf sensor

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 4rings, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 4rings

4rings Member

ok asked a few questions about this and got good feedback. so thank you :)

my last question is this. and ill problaby sound like a tit for asking but there you go.

i am going to by the correct cleaning spray and remove the maf sensor and try cleaning it up. as the chap at amd said it was only runing about 85%

SO. i do the claning then take it for a drive e.t.c but how will i actually no if cleaning it has done the trick??

i would of course take it back to amd but its a good 100 mile drive and i dont want to go all that way just to be tested for that. i no he took the car out after it was remaped and plugged his laptop in. but thats all i no. is this something that can be tested at audi?? (i do have a good freind who works for vw so i can get it "plugged in" for free

thanks rob.b

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

You can test it with Vagcom, which you presumably dont have, but perhaps if you post your location someone nearby from the forum might have it and can do some logs.

4. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

ur vw mate can plug it in for you

5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

How can it be functioning 85%? lol. It's a bit of a wild estimate that - you would have to know what the output of a working MAF on that engine would be to work it out.

You will need to log it, not just plug it in. Check the VCDS users map in the sticky and see if you can find a local ASNer who has VCDS.

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i took it to mean that at full power its showing about 85% of the airflow that it should be.

7. 4rings

4rings Member

well im just going by what the chap at amd said really. thanks for the help ppl :) xx