1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ibis White S3 and Nick at cleandetail............

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by RPB, Apr 11, 2014.

1. RPB

RPB Active Member

Car with old plates removed at start..jpg Always get asked how we coat the intricate areas of the car. Well, heres how!.jpg Inside of the Audi S3 being detailed. Leather cleaned with LTT leather cleaner and protected wit.jpg More baking underway, not the cupcake variety unfortunately..jpg this is after a 2 stage enhancement before its Gyeon coatings. This is going to be glossy..jpg
    Various photos of Nick's work. A top job really well done :)
    Usual very involved wash process
    Clay bar used
    2 stage machine polish
    Gyeon MOHS+ on paint, 3 layers, each layer infra red baked on, then final Gyeon Phobic top layer.
    Polish on top of that to cover it for a few weeks also
    Gyeon view used on all glass
    Gyeon trim used on all trim parts of car to include engine bay covers
    Gyeon rim used on wheels as they were all removed, cleaned up and treated fully.
    Leather interior cleaned with LTT then coated in the Gtechniq leather treatments
    Carpets left with that 'superb' striped pattern! LOL to that, I told the wife that is how i want them from now on!

Nick had it for 3 full days and it really does look glossy now. I just want to see how it reacts when it rains now as I am expecting big things from the Gyeon ceramic coating.

All comments welcome whether they be good or bad! Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ROB A3 Quattro

ROB A3 Quattro no smoke without poke

Sweet dare we ask how much looks grt

RPB likes this.
  4. RPB

RPB Active Member

ROB, I ain't saying how much but it was not cheap! lol. Prices for most of the work are on his website though. I've never spent this before on detailing but i wanted the Gyeon coatings too which are not cheap either. I am hoping for the 2 year warranty to be worth it :)

5. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

That looks mint!
    That Gyeon mohs looks a pain in the arse to apply lol.

6. ROB A3 Quattro

ROB A3 Quattro no smoke without poke

Yeah it ain't cheap m8 I was there last week we had a local meet there cant fault the work suppose you pay for what you get I think ill b paying them a visit for some paint correction