my ibis white s3>>> 2007 facelift to 2011 spec - Now With New Pics.

ok so done a few bits and bats since last update which included selling the helios wheels and the weitec coilovers as I just wasn't happy with the ride height on them,ive since replaced them with some fk silverlines which im far happier with although im still on the hunt for a nice set of rims as im running 19inch bbs/speedlines for the time being....
bbs_zps3226abb1.jpg
after another play with the coilovers...
latest_zps113704e1.jpg

Reactions: rOb_A
I then also got offered a forge twintake for a good price so decided to have a go with it,overall im happy with it as it sounds immence
twintake_zpsb24c330c.jpg

after this I thought it was time I bought some mirrors as ive been running with no side repeaters since I facelifted the front end also mot is coming up so took the plunge think its finished the front end off nicely even though I would've preferred the smaller later type ones the dumbos were a steal so on they went.
mirror_zps0ed4b87e.jpg

your car looks fab, but then it should it an audi.

it would seem i am following suit, got mot coming up and need side repeaters, like you i wanted the smaller one's but it would seem i have brought the Dumbo's, i think they look good, should be able to read my rear number plate now, was just having a look on ASN to see what they was like fitted,

did you cut and splice or change the door ecu?
are you going to audi's in the park?

They seem huge when looking out atthem but at least ive got the indicators now i just cut and spliced mate to be honest then had a fiddle on vagcom to get the indicators working. Going to try get down to aitp but NEED some wheels badly not really wanting to keep these on long term.

After a couple of weeks with the dumbo's, you'll think the old ones look odd.
I had this. I drove my new A3 for a few weeks and then went to move my old A3 and hated how the little mirrors looked. It's weird how quickly you adjust.

Reactions: a3glenn
That's good to here, should have them on by the end of the week,
Think you wheels look great

yes to be fair i am getting used to them already if i make it to aitp il come see you glenn have a look at your handywork+have a chat

So what was wrong with the weitec coilovers? I'm looking at getting some so wondering why you changed? Didn't go low enough or?
I'm currently on the cheap JOM coilovers and with it being a 2.0TDI Quattro, think its to heavy for them tbh!
Any thoughts appreciated!
Dan

Looks nice but is the result a 2007 a 2012 or neither? Could the money spent have been better put toward buying a 'proper' 2012?
A main dealer wouldn't touch it come sale time if and when that happens, so only another enthusiast with the same taste as yours would be interested but it does look tasty so maybe they will be lining up at your door.

Well done in completing the facelift your self came out brilliant mate

Sce of 1-10 how gard was it to fit the front end if you did it yourself ? As i want to eventually do it

The weitecs ride quality were second to none it drove really well but just didnt go anywhere near low enough unfortunatley,i barely have any cost in the facelift change due to my mates bad luck [his was rear ended so i took his front] and the work was done with the help of some useful mates,on the selling front i know ive ruled the dealers out but due to the condition and mileage etc i dont think id have too much trouble selling priveatly.The conversion itself wasnt that hard its the front wings that cause the most problems as they sit totally different so had to make some brackets but other than that its fairly straight forward. and thanks leeds2592 it does finally sit quite well although i have sacraficed ride quality its now on fk silverlines.

couple of recents from vw fest at the weekend
fest3_zpsa8aba73f.jpeg
fest1_zps9eba47ab.jpeg

Reactions: L1ARR
not been on here for a while so thought id throw a few pics on with the 19inch rotors and winter height...
rotors_zpsa6d5d520.jpeg
rotors1_zpsc211d6a8.jpeg
rotors3_zps462683e9.jpeg
rotors4_zpsfd472f57.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Unitronic
car looks awesome pal, iv done the conversion to mine and your right the wings are a bit*h to line up haha
any guidance on the splicing for the mirrors would be awesome

realy like the 19 rotors :)

cheers guys, I didn't splice the mirrors in mate I got a friend to do that bit

Looks awesome at that height on the Rotors!

Just sent you a request to follow you on Instagram.

Hi
What size and offset are the rotors ?
I have just just had delivery of some ebay 8.5" x 19" rotors with 235 tyres but fitting one of the front wheels the tyre was sticking out of the wheelarch by a good 10mm , there is no way i'd get it as low as yours.
would you know if the arch's are the same size on the S3 to a Tdi quattro ? , I know the RS3 arch's are wider
Cheers Ian

Hi
What size and offset are the rotors ?
I have just just had delivery of some ebay 8.5" x 19" rotors with 235 tyres but fitting one of the front wheels the tyre was sticking out of the wheelarch by a good 10mm , there is no way i'd get it as low as yours.
would you know if the arch's are the same size on the S3 to a Tdi quattro ? , I know the RS3 arch's are wider
Cheers Ian
hi mate,depends on what offset rotors you have? mine are 8x19 et52 with a 215/35/19 tyre. but as far as i know my wings are no different to the tdi version.

Hi
The rotors I had were ET42 , so thats the 10mm difference in why mine are sticking out further , I have packaged them back up and they are going back today , all the reps I have seen advertised are either 42 or 45 ET , can't find any other bar OEM at ET50
Cheers Ian

Hi
The rotors I had were ET42 , so thats the 10mm difference in why mine are sticking out further , I have packaged them back up and they are going back today , all the reps I have seen advertised are either 42 or 45 ET , can't find any other bar OEM at ET50
Cheers Ian
If you put 215/35 tyres on the et45 theyl fit just nice mate.

I ask them if they could fit narrower tyres and they said it couldn't be done as they weren't wide enough , I did contact someone this morning who said they can supply me an 8" wide rim , the ones I had delivered yesterday were 8.5" , with an ET of 45 and a 215 width tyre so looks like thats the way i'll go , i'll just confirm the sizes they have given me are right
Thanks for your help
Cheers Ian

just a quick update as not been on for a while,nothing much to report other than the carbon skinned audi rotors done by c6carbon to match the rest of the carbon goodness...

Oh my days, those wheels! Amazing! I usually hate carbon tat but that looks great!

looks amazing, im down the road in Keighley will keep an eye out for this when im out and about fellow ibis white driver!

I knew i'd seen that somewhere.. You're a Bradford lad aren't you.

Looks really nice on here and in the flesh.

Top marks.

Hi mate love the car..im looking at doing the exact same to mine but quick Q..how easy was the headlights to fit and wire in?

sorry mate not logged on here for years wasnt been ignorant haha. god i miss this thing

Lovely example with some real tasteful mods. With the lows you have did you have to modify/remove the rear arch liners?