my HID kit dont fit :(

does it have seperate mains and high beams?

Standard facelift headlamps use H7 for main and high, as did the old pre-facelift bosch units i had fitted originally.

Was just about to say the same as above. Don't think you have H4's in the lights you have.

I know my standard pre facelift lamps were H4 but my facelift items are H7 for the Hi and low beams

oranoco i presume you pre-facelift lamps were without fogs?

Seems that the ones with fogs built in had H7's and a H1 for the fog and ones without had H4's

Yep i have seperate high beam etc. Propper ****** today.. my new vista Pc wont work properly (no suprise there) my dump valve aint turned up, and my HID kit will not fit!! MMMEEHHHH!!!!

i have a 98 A4 pro face lift i believe and am after new lights - point me in the correct way folks.

the just fronts for now, incl lamps. whole kit am after for the front

you bought a Vista PC!? well that explains your lights,
those things will infect your life with badness!!

had no choice mate!! needed a new pc and ya cant buy a xp pc any more! :( i got Acer commin round to fit a new mother bored as they think mines faulty!

TBH vista really isnt that bad. Its a bit different and it needs a decent amount of RAM to run nicely but then XP was exactly the same when it was released.

The problem however is that a lot of companies are selling it on machines that basically cant run it properly. Mainly because Microsoft has discontinued XP and therefore only Vista is available for new machines, regardless of their capabilites.

Any vista machine needs 2gb of ram to run nicely, and i'd also recommend a dual core CPU as a minimum.

At the end of the day, if you try to run XP on a P3 with 128mb ram (which were still being sold when it was released) it'll also run like a sack of crap!

Seems in this case its actually a hardware failure anyway, so not vistas fault at all!

my pc is a intel dual core Duo, 3.60ghz each so thats 7200 total cpu power!

3k ram.

i think its just bad luck tbh.. theres always a runt of the littler and i think i ended up with it!! just my luck init!! lol

I can supply you with XP at the weekend IT hapens to be my bread and butter :) Motherboards are common on Acer i have replace a couple for friends they are very good PCs though :)

Also 4gb RAM min in Vista PC i recommend i have it and it just works how i would like it ;)

yes you can get H1 bulbs and kits there usually cheaper than the hi lo H4 kits too

I can supply you with XP at the weekend IT hapens to be my bread and butter :) Motherboards are common on Acer i have replace a couple for friends they are very good PCs though :)

Also 4gb RAM min in Vista PC i recommend i have it and it just works how i would like it ;)

cool mate.. ill keep that in mind... ill give vista another go after new m/board! if its still a C**t ill be on your case!

np make sure you have the service packs installed for vista as well they take an age to install but they do actually make some changes.

Yep you can get H1 HID bulbs for your kit, you can get them fron ebay i think they are around £40 for a pair of bulbs. Just make sure they have the right connectors on for your kit, i think they are quite generic.

TBH vista really isnt that bad. Its a bit different and it needs a decent amount of RAM to run nicely but then XP was exactly the same when it was released.

The problem however is that a lot of companies are selling it on machines that basically cant run it properly. Mainly because Microsoft has discontinued XP and therefore only Vista is available for new machines, regardless of their capabilites.

Any vista machine needs 2gb of ram to run nicely, and i'd also recommend a dual core CPU as a minimum.

At the end of the day, if you try to run XP on a P3 with 128mb ram (which were still being sold when it was released) it'll also run like a sack of crap!

Seems in this case its actually a hardware failure anyway, so not vistas fault at all!
I have just got a macbook blows the PC out of the water, still use PC's on a daily and have them at home but lovin the Mac experience