My haggling so far...

siouxchief

Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at the new Audi A3 Sportback and after speccing it out the ROTR came to £24,100 in the configurator. On Drive the Deal their price came to £22,900. The dealer has matched that price and thrown in £725 of extras so essentially the car comes down to £22,175 so a 8% discount on the ROTR if I'm calculating right.

Just wondering now if I offer to take the finance how much more do you think I could squeeze out of this deal? I guess in cash or if I got the discount in further options if that makes a diffefence.

Not sure how good I'm doing so far in my haggling...

Thanks

Last edited:
Try for anything. Not sure 8% is that good. Sometimes Audi have offers if you px an Audi (extra discount) also sometimes deals taking Finance (which I believe if you pay off/cancel within 14 days you can keep)

I managed 8 and a quarter% off my S3 and got an extra couple of hundred quid extra on the wife's part ex, 8% is a good discount.

Thanks guys much appreciated. Coming up to xmas he was very keen to do the deal this year which came in handy I think. Will still chance the finance offer to see what he says as I fancy adding a few hundred quids more extras... but it's good to know I'm not doing too badly as it now stands.

I managed 8 and a quarter% off my S3 and got an extra couple of hundred quid extra on the wife's part ex, 8% is a good discount.

S3 discounts are lower than A 3 . 8 is ok for S3 good in fact less so on A3

Don't just get a price from DTD, try lots of brokers sites, you might be surprised by the range of deals you get offered. You have absolutely nothing to lose (except maybe a couple of hours of your time) by getting quotes from Carwow, orange wheels, carfile etc. there are absolutely loads of 'em. When I was looking, DTD gave the best deals on VW Tiguans but were hopeless for the S3. UK car broker were pretty good too. You might then get a better offer to use as leverage, if not at least you'll feel reassured that you really have got the best deal possible. HTH

Thanks Leeber, you are right. I tried a few other brokers this morning and I have just had some offers back on Carwow and 1 of them has come back to me with an 8% drop to begin with without me even pushing for any extras or mentioning potentially taking Finance. Maybe I will play this game a little longer...

@cuke2u it was just to add the metallic paint on a 1.4 sline without COD I am getting the initial quotes on without asking for any other extras. Then I push for one or two options more if I like the initial quote.

Reactions: Leeber
What percentage did you get off Jimladallen?

Also, this may be a silly question but I haven't bought a new car before especially via a broker. If I need a servicing or something fixed do I then need to take it to the dealer I bought it from (which could be a good bit away) or can I take it to my local dealer?

Cheers

Last edited:
What percentage did you get off Jimladallen?

Also, this may be a silly question but I haven't bought a new car before especially via a broker. If I need a servicing or something fixed do I then need to take it to the dealer I bought it from (which could be a good bit away) or can I take it to my local dealer?

Cheers

The way it works (at least with all the brokers I've looked at) is you tell the broker which car you want including the spec, they then put you in touch with one or more dealers who offer you their best price and from that point on you complete the sale directly with the dealership like normal. You never have to speak to the broker again AFAIK. The dealership then just gives the broker a kickback in return for them sending your business the dealer's way. You pay the dealer directly. I believe that drive the deal are a slight exception to this rule in that you pay them the deposit but the rest of the cash goes to the dealer.

Reactions: Dakid007