1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first time! Isn't it always the best?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by hamspeed, Mar 30, 2004.

1. hamspeed

hamspeed New Member

[Mar 30, 2004]
    Wow! I was "surfing the web" earlier and read an article from some very, very un-educated person trying to stir up things, a bit. He was trying to initiate the idea that an "Audi is just a car trying to imitate a BMW". Now folks, usually I stay away from this kind of jibberish, but... I'm 54 years old. I've owned 5 Porsche, 7 Volvo, 2 Mercedes, a VW, and many U.S. cars, and I now drive an A6. This Audi is the best car I've ever driven, taking all aspects into consideration. I have looked at BMW's many times (as early as 1967) and have never, repeat n-e-v-e-r been impressed with them. I understand that there are those of you who care deeply about BMW. I respect that and don't wish to offend you. I just don't like BMW's... never have and never will. We all have our likes and dislikes. Currently, I'm attempting to sell my '79 930 so I can justify a RS6. If that tells you anything about me. I look at Auto Unions and the Audi's being produced today and I see Excellence. Something that even Porsche seems to be getting away from with their new "Pepper Truck". Anyway, I hope there are folks out there who feel the same as I about Audi.
    I feel better now.
    Hamspeed
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

[Mar 30, 2004]
    Warren there seem to be a large number of people turning their backs on BMW right now. I can't understand this as I've always found the shapes rather cuddly in a teutonic sort of way - like a big blond in a lederhosen thong - and especially the new 5 series which excites me a lot because when I look at its rear end I see a Vectra. Now that is clever when you think about it. Two cars for the price of one.
  4. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

[Mar 31, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Warren Hamilton said:
    Well, I suppose you do make a point worth consideration! Please understand, however, I do hold BMW in high regard. It is a personal preference. I just feel about A6's as you do about 5's and Vectra's, I guess!
    Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rather quaint how you lovely Americans don't pick up on our nasty cynical British irony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
  5. hamspeed

hamspeed New Member

[Apr 9, 2004]
    OkeeDokee. I'm back!
    Sorry for not "picking-up on the nasty British irony", we colonists are a bit out of the main stream, you know.
    Question: Vectra is like Edsal?
  6. godwine

godwine Member

[Apr 22, 2004]
    I second that.. BMW is a great car, but I can't really justify saying that they are better than Audi.. looking at history, Audi, the four ring, inspiration and dedication, how much stuff have they invented? With Audi, I can see where in R&D did my money went into, but BMW is just a rip.. more like a jack.. you know what the sad part is? They don't back their customer.. buddy of mine bought 2 bmw 5 series in one shot... both of them have nothing but problems... check out the A4 forum, one of my post has a link to a bimmer fan site, the guy that was posting there owned a M3.. he is now a porsche owner...