My first post & some progress on my A3 :)

Jarhyd

Reaction score
Heyo, I'll just get straight to it as this is my first post/progress thread I don't really know what to say...
I first bought my Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 S-line from London on 30k miles, here's a photo of the car the first day I brought it home;

DSC00279_zps20c80fca.jpg

DSC00283_zps5d6b6810.jpg

And this is the Audi next to my almighty first car... Corsa C 1.2 SXI, too cool...

DSC00311_zpsb0b2aab3.jpg

Anyway, the first thing I wanted was the S3 grille as I thought it was just plain sexy, so as you do I bought one, and fitted it :)

Some pics of it fitted;

DSC00331_zpsee84582e.jpg

DSC00408_zpsfe94db55.jpg

Once my grille was fitted, I was then thinking of having the S-line alloys that dark-greyish colour, then I took it to my friends local spray shop and he showed me this colour called "GALAXY GREY" from House of Kolor.
I instantly fell in love and decided to be abit different, not sure what you guys will think... here's the wheels after they got sprayed;

373918_413733885376346_2133002104_n_zps13496522.jpg

Once I pretty much done everything I wanted looks-wise outside, I decided abit more power won't hurt...
(Yes I know the car is high as hell, and dirty...)

buuuuut...

DSC00606_zps26878447.jpg

DSC00611_zps43a29b54.jpg

A cheeky re-map was a must do, and I must say what a difference it has made to the car, so much more fun to drive considering it's "just a diesel". I had this done at Audi Driver International 2012.

Here's a photo of mine and AshB's car on the way upto ADI;
DSC00605_zps1411be23.jpg

After getting 1000's of nose bleeds from being up too high, I decided it was time to come down...

I bought H&R 35mm springs and H&R 10&12mm spacers from DPM Performance, seriously recommended company! :)

some pictures of them fitted, the red Golf is my mates car;

267655_10151269740670873_1963900299_n_zps91646fcf.jpg

430041_10151269739205873_123991587_n_zps6269ebca.jpg

After looking at all these Audi's with the DRL headlights, and decided to get some myself!

I got in contact with Ash187 on this website as many people have recommended him, and he basically sorted me out.

One thing I was VERY disappointed in was the condition on the headlights that Ash187 supplied me, there are very bad water marks INSIDE of the headlight, strange I know. And the water marks are on both sides and yes the front of the lights have been cleaned, still no results. here's a few pictures what I mean;

DSC01244_zps7736e14a.jpg

DSC01246_zps1bcce9be.jpg

But Ash187 promised to sort me out with another pair of lights in the future as I wasn't happy with the pair I was given, I will keep you updated in the future when he supplies me with another pair of headlamps :)

All in all he did do a good job which I cannot fault, they work fine and coded the car perfectly so they accept the DRL Headlights, just the condition of them was a let down.

Here's some pictures of the installation;

DSC01219_zps7e9fd11d.jpg

DSC01225_zpse4739abd.jpg

DSC01223_zpsd2b0ffd0.jpg

And RESULT!;
DSC01236_zpsa32b3e33.jpg

Let me know what you guys think,

Sorry if I blabbed on...

Thanks for reading! :D

About time you put a thread up lol! Looks lovely mate. Will come see you once i got the new car :thumbsup:
Want any photos taken of your car let me know my friend Oscar will do them :happy:

Edit: Should of warned you before hand that ASN will only help you spend more money on the car :laugh: The mod list will always grow haha!

Last edited:
​Hi, Jarhyd, welcome to audi-sport.net. Good progress on your car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

What was the cost of the Revo tweak at ADI?
Like the wicked wheel colour....

About time you put a thread up lol! Looks lovely mate. Will come see you once i got the new car :thumbsup:
Want any photos taken of your car let me know my friend Oscar will do them :happy:

Edit: Should of warned you before hand that ASN will only help you spend more money on the car :laugh: The mod list will always grow haha!

Haha yeah it was long over due! Tanks alot! :) yeah we'll have to arrange a photo shoot once you get your new car! :D

What was the cost of the Revo tweak at ADI?
Like the wicked wheel colour....

Umm I think i knocked them down to about £325 in the end, which ain't bad considering it's £400 for a CR 2.0 TDi remap :)
Thanks! :D

Small little mod that I'm quite happy with, I had my Washer Cap, Water Cap and the centre of my engine bay dipped with a Aluminium Brushed pattern to match the inside of my doors and interior :)

What do you think?

DSC01289_zps30e3f3ad.jpg

Last edited:
Small little mod that I'm quite happy with, I had my Washer Cap, Water Cap and the centre of my engine bay dipped with a Aluminium Brushed pattern to match the inside of my doors and interior :)

What do you think?

DSC01289_zps30e3f3ad.jpg

Looks nice, I like. How much did you pay for the LED headlamps by the way?

I got the headlamps at a fair price for them both; Brand new too.

Thank you Joe :)

Also as mentioned in my first post where Ash187 done the work on my headlamps, he did NOT sort out my headlamps for me in the end.
I had to end up spending my own money to sort out this problem myself which Ash187 promised to sort out, that's just my review on him and his work.

Nice car mate the wheel color is great . Is the brushed alloy coating the aqua dipped one ? it looks good been lolking into the aqua graffix last week or two it looks a good finnish easyer ang better than wrapping eh

Jarhyd:1824833 said:
DSC01288_zpsc3d9876b.jpg

Closer up.

Haha yeah It's Aqua Dipped :) It's crazy, the amount of things you can have done are endless, specially the choice of patterns! But I wanted to keep it simple rather than go too crazy! :p

is the engine cover two pice or have they just coated the middle pice?

Haha yeah It's Aqua Dipped :) It's crazy, the amount of things you can have done are endless, specially the choice of patterns! But I wanted to keep it simple rather than go too crazy! :p

What engine cover is that? What was wrong with your headlights?

The engine cover is the standard 2.0 TDI one, it's 2 piece which the centre part came out which is what I had dipped.

And the headlights were full of water marks INSIDE the glass, I told Ash187 I weren't happy with them, then he agreed to change them for me on the day, but has found every way to avoid changing them ever since.

Let me rephrase that, he said he'd change them for me in the near future, once he left South Wales to head back home, he avoided every possible way to change the headlights for me.

You got any clear pictures of the car after it was lowered? Interested to see what sort of drop the 35mm springs give!

what did it cost for the bits aqua dipped mate?

The engine cover is the standard 2.0 TDI one, it's 2 piece which the centre part came out which is what I had dipped.

And the headlights were full of water marks INSIDE the glass, I told Ash187 I weren't happy with them, then he agreed to change them for me on the day, but has found every way to avoid changing them ever since.

I'm actually on 50mm springs now, I have the 35mm H&R springs for sale if you're interested? They've been on the car for about 1,500 miles.

Reason I went for 50's is because I wanted it to sit a little lower than the 35's, because it was an S-line model anyway, they're 25mm lower standard, so technically I only dropped 10mm haha.

Forgot to mention, I installed my S3 pedals too! :)

DSC01278_zps0af33b4c.jpg

I'll do a little write-up with step by step pictures on how I installed them if anyone would be interested?

It's been a LONG time since I've last posted on here...

Here is how the car looks to this day :) it's back on standard S-lines as the 3SDM's just didn't cut it for me.

I know most of the people on this site prefer OEM, but I thought I'd just go crazy with the colour change and the rest of it :)

Let me know what you think!

i think you have an over weight dog in front of your car lol
i think the colour looks good

Saw this epic ride at Santa pod, paul walker tribute, looked great fell in love with the colour.. Well done mate.

It's been a LONG time since I've last posted on here...

Here is how the car looks to this day :) it's back on standard S-lines as the 3SDM's just didn't cut it for me.

I know most of the people on this site prefer OEM, but I thought I'd just go crazy with the colour change and the rest of it :)

Let me know what you think!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392850657211315

A photo I took :D excuse tapatalk for useless image quality.

Love the colour, Is that from the audi exclusive color range? I see audi s3 in a similar colour driving around bristol. How much was the respray?