My first go with VAGCOM - tips

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Using VAGCOM release 709.1-US

I've just spent half hour sat in the car playing with the software and filtering through some pages.

I'm interested in the MAF, sensors and 'performance' areas.

The first engine fault it picked up was something to do with the MAF - "intermitant/low", something like that. I cleared it, anyway.

Now, I found some 'measuring blocks' and recorded a few readings.

Air Mass Flow (at idle) was reading 2.44g/s
Air Mass Flow (2000rpm) was reading 5.66g/s

throttle opening at idle - 2.4%

These results mean nothing to me. I have actually brought a new MAF today, yet to fit it. How would I be best to go about testing the engine thoroughly? Does it have to be in-motion?

If there is anyone local to me in Newark-On-Trent that wouldn't giving me an hour of their time to go through this with me, it would be greatly appreciated.

:(

Jim

Also, on the "view readiness" (in engine, I believe) I had these results:

exhaust gas recirc - PASS
oxygen sesnor heating - FAILED or incomplete
oxygen sensor - FAILED or incomplete
air conditioning - PASS
second air injection - PASS
Evaporative emissions - FAILED or incomplete
Catalyst heating - PASS
Catalytic converter - FAILED or incompelte

The Fails - is this something I need to worry about?!

This is the MAF error I had:

16486/P0102/000258 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70): Signal too Low

Only time will tell. Must get the special torx bits to replace the sensor. (when it says do a log, does it mean, open the tables, go for a drive and check the values? Where should I be checking against?! Or will it come up saying 'defective' or similar?!)

So I've managed to get a few logs done this evening with a friend, up and down the A1.

firstly, I was presented with "16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
"

Which is weird, as I've only just put a MAF in. (I've made sure the connection is secure)

Secondly... take a look at these results from the log:

dff8c608.jpg

The highlighted area shows areas of "Misfire Sum", where by it's reading 1 or 2.. Looks to through the rev range at that moment.. I wish I knew how to determine these results. Shouldn't I be getting some lambda readings also?!?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/Jimm3hh/6e7de693.jpg

Also, going back to the above 'Readiness' image, after the drive the "Evaporative emissions" and "oxygen sensor heating" had passed, but the CAT and o2 sensor remained as FAILED.

Could my CAT of gone?! :(

Oh man