My first Dyno Figures

I think my boost might have been 1.4 that's the figure what was coming up on the screen I will try her on another set of rollers to see what results I get now I know there are more in my area

I think my boost might have been 1.4 that's the figure what was coming up on the screen I will try her on another set of rollers to see what results I get now I know there are more in my area

1.4 bar, ~20 PSI will be fine... Another set of rollers to compare.

Took my car the 20 minute drive down the A19 to Motoscope in Northallerton this morning for her 1st Dyno Run... Quite happy with the result. Would have liked to have had my B5 Tip on but it has,nt arrived yet so it just means I will have to go back again next week after I get it fitted:yes: here are the figures anyway... Everyones twopenneth it's gratefully appreciated... Cheers Rob
ea54f727.jpg
e3a0c0a3.jpg

did they log afr and boost for the run?
I also run a Dastek controlled dyno.. and they have logging ability.. and its required to get the whole picture.
I see pretty often boost >22psi, which the spike of torque would indicate... you need a physical boost gauge on there or logging on a dyno with such ability to confirm whats going on.
All dyno's have a scale factor on them, Dastek does, and mines set so std cars make std power in the main.... It seems on the money to me and correlate well to divide 0.8 on working maf's very often.

I suspect your boost is high, but seeing your actual afr's and boost and vagcom logs of timing, airflow etc during the run would describe the whole picture, without the "subjective" its this or that diagnosis given minimal info.

I drove Dane's car on Saturday and it pulls like no other stage 1 S3 i've ever driven, it's a savage beast!

Thanks dude,
You should of had a go in Wellys, it's unbelievable that thing!

Last edited:
I have it booked into PD Tuning on Saturday morning were I will get everything checked and post the results up..... See if I can get 274 bhp again lol.... Should I get them to pull the Haldex fuse Bill for a smoother graph?

It would be interesting to see what difference these power increases make in real life, yeah you may have 200 odd bhp but does that mean, for example, that a car like Welly's would ruin you or just pull away from you.

And the same applies for me vs a standard s3, what difference does it actually make?

I only mention it because of the lads, Westle & S3baby etc., seem to get varying results on the dyno but when they were talking it seemed like they were able, to a certain extent, to keep up with each other on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a taste sensation, especially with a salty gammon joint, makes for good sandwiches!

Anyhoo back on topic, It would be interesting to see what difference these power increases make in real life, yeah you may have 200 odd bhp but does that mean, for example, that a car like Welly's would ruin you or just pull away from you.

And the same applies for me vs a standard s3, what difference does it actually make?

I only mention it because of the lads, Westle & S3baby etc., seem to get varying results on the dyno but when they were talking it seemed like they were able, to a certain extent, to keep up with each other on the road.

Fancy a test Welly? lol

That's correct mate we can both keep up with a 270bhp 8P on the road. There's so many more factors than just bhp and torque.

It would be interesting to see what difference these power increases make in real life, yeah you may have 200 odd bhp but does that mean, for example, that a car like Welly's would ruin you or just pull away from you.

Done :)
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/116011-s3-power-tests.html

<tuffty/>