My first Audi

zero7

Reaction score
Finally taken the plunge and picked up an A6 3.0 TDI Le Mans in Phantom Black with matching black interior and privacy glass. The condition belies the 144k mileage and I can only describe the condition as fantastic. Luckily its a one owner car and maintained by Audi from new.

couple of questions as I've not owned a Quattro Audi before (been in BMW's most of my life).

1. The front tyres are Conti sport contact 3's, I've had these on my previous M3 and loved them, however on the rear I have a Michelin of some variety and a budget tyre. I know mixing tyres is not good, however the Michelin has lots of tread so could I add another one of these on the back and stick to the Conti's on the front or would it be best to run all 4 the same? If the later then whats the preferred tyre on these?

2. I have the MMI High with Bluetooth, however there is no iPOD socket, I really need this and want to control it from the MMI system. I know Denison Gateway is an option but is the iPOD OEM Audi solution able to be retrofitted?

Cheers

Av

Its always best to run the same make and type of tyres all round, and at least to run the same make on an axle. If the Conti's on the front are good get a set for the rear, I just got a new set of Michelin PS3 for my 3.0TDi, as I always found Michelin to be a good tyre on Audi's.

It's a fairy straight forward job to fit AMI or the Dension gateway, here is a quick write-up when I fitted AMI to my A6. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-...nt-bit-rebuild-repair-thread.html#post2100961