1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first Audi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Adm29, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Adm29

Adm29 New Member

[Jul 16, 2012]
    [TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]

[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F7F9"]Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, I have just bought my first Audi. It's an A3, 1.8 1997.

I love driving it already but have a few questions as I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

The car has only covered 63K miles which only 10k in the last 8 years.

It has a full year MOT and passed with no advisories.

It's due a service and the cam belt has not been changed yet. Is there anything else that I should consider changing or looking at the condition of?

I plan to keep the car as standard as I can, but if there up upgrades that I should consider please advise me.

There is a strange noise coming from under the bonnet when I start the car when it's cold. This lasts for 2 or 3 seconds then goes. It is like a scratching/scrapping sound.

Also, the steering feels a little loose - when I turn the wheel in the opposite direction it feels a little lumpy.

Finally the driver door is having problems closing. It catches but you have to pull it shut after it catches.

If you have any advise I would love to hear from you, sorry if I sound like a novice - I am!

Cheers,
    Adam
    [/TD]
    [/TABLE]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 16, 2012]
    Good evening Adam, welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Any pics? Head over to the A3 8P section, have a read through the faqs threads at the top of the page, lts of useful information in there. Enjoy the forum:) :) x
  4. Adm29

Adm29 New Member

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 16, 2012]
    ​Nice car Adam. X