My first Audi (A3 TDI S-LINE)

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everybody thought I'd introduce myself and my car!
Bought this from my local Audi dealer at the start of Nov after looking for around a year!
was after a black 5 door S-Line so fitted the bill nicely!

Its a 2007 2.0 tdi s-line with full leather and factory fitted sat-nav which were bonus's and had only 58k on the clock which I thought was good!

Looking to do some tasteful mods as went bit mad on my last car! Lol
anybody suggest some good mods to start, already have Porsche caps lined up and a blanking grommet to ditch the rear wiper!

cheers
Dan

Looks good mate :)

Tints all round? Nothing too dark, get some MY09 rear lights in?

There's lots you can do with it, just depends how deep your pockets go aha!

Less is more IMO. Too many over-modified 8P A3s about now they are getting cheap.

2008-on lights as a above, are a good upgrade and not major money for a big effect.

Perhaps debadge it, or at least remove the 2.0 designation as per the facelift models (does make a nice visual difference even just removing that).

I'd also fit some tail pipe trims, though they need some modding to get rid of the downward slant. The factory 170TDI pipes look nice on the S-Line bumper and finish the rear off nicely.

The S-Line looks great out of the factory, so not a lot more you can do without it looking worse IMO!

I agree with all of the above, so far I'm thinking:

Debadge rear keeping the rings, tints, wheel refurb, led rear lights and remap after warrantee is up!

So far Iv fitted smd bulbs from t8ups (sidelights, interior and number plate) diamond vision headlight bulbs, my private reg with s-line plate holders and have a set of porsche caps to fit!

This is what I'm thinking for my wheels!

And here's the caps I need to fit!

Fitted the porsche caps today... Very happy!

Reactions: immo and MattKeating
Looks good.
Can you put up a pic of the s line plate holder. Like the colour of the wheels.

Sure here you go mate!

Going to get mine done that colour when the winter is over! Lol

This is what I'm thinking for my wheels!

That's a good choice, many people change them to black which looks awful. Me personally, I prefer silver wheels, but a smoked silver looks good too. Anything but black!!!

Reactions: simboti19 and foxymk1
few updates-

Got my local bodyshop to debadge the rear to save me the hassle, blisters etc..

then got round to fitting my wind deflectors

And most recently if been looking for another set off alloys for the summer and had my sights set on a set of Porsche twists!
But I suddenly stumbled across these which I couldn't let slip through my fingers!

These are Porsche Cayenne Turbo alloys, don't see many of these around!
What do people think?

Reactions: hentotheree, y2kcurran and Ironborn
Debadge looks good! Wind deflectors less so - sorry, but I really don't see the appeal of these!

wind deflectors dont look that good but stop water coming off the roof and dripping directly into the window switches ,if you just want the window down slightly

wind deflectors dont look that good but stop water coming off the roof and dripping directly into the window switches ,if you just want the window down slightly

Found this out on my way bk from buying it, stuck the washers on with window open and ended up with a wet arm! Lol not anymore!

Small update..

Done a few little jobs since my last update such as

Fit armrest

Fit s3 pedals

Tint the fog lights yellow

And today I took it to my local powerflow dealer to get rid of the horrible tailpipes for some shiney new ones!

Before

After

Also trial fitted the porsche wheels to find the car gets higher so looks like I'm going to need a set of coilovers before I fit!

Small update-

Finally got rid of the stupid rear wiper and blanked with the nice glass style blank

And last week I bought a 60mm smoked boost gauge from Brodster with osir vent adaptor!

Test fitted!

Unfortunately I don't have the silver s3 vents so have painted the ring Matt black if that fails then il have to try and dismantle my original vent assembly!

Just got to figure out the wiring side of it now and where I can plumb it in!

Iv got the boost gauge fitted and powered up, just need to find somewhere to attach the pipe until my egr delete is fitted!

What do you guys think?

Reactions: MattKeating
Car looks awesome mate , I'm getting my a3 on Monday hopefully

Is it a straight swap for the 2009 led rear lights

Where can I get the ?
Arm rest
S3 Pedals
Rear diffuser

Probably not something I would of done my self but look good! Goes well with the interior lighting too. Any other mods planned mate?

Led lights need new looms and coding in, if your near the London area id probably recommend ash187 for this. He did mine and transformed the back end. S3 pedals are available on eBay for around £50.

Led lights need new looms and coding in, if your near the London area id probably recommend ash187 for this. He did mine and transformed the back end. S3 pedals are available on eBay for around £50.

Once I get the car , 1st thing il do , I'm from the West Midlands so il have travel , how much are the rear clusters ?

I really like those greyish metallic rims. And the car in general looks awesome. I wouldn't get rid of my rear wiper though:)
Do you have a picture of car with them on by any chance? I am thinking of painting mine either in white or similar colour you have used. I just can't decide to be honest. My car is in metallic Lava Grey. White will really pop however with greyish metallic it will be a lot more decent I guess. What do you think guys?
2014 04 01 132420

Available for £180 on eBay, from a German seller. If you do a search on the forum you'll find a link to his eBay page.

Small update -

Finally got my boost gauge connected up with a home made boost tap!

Then I finally got it booked in for window tints and a remap!

Changed my mind on fitting an egr delete and have fitted an egr reducer gasket instead!

And finally replaced my squeeky front brakes with new pads and discs!

Finished off by painting the calipers yellow!

Reactions: nezz
Update time

First of all I ordered some better quality pressed plates as mine were dented!

Finally got round to ordering a set if coilovers and went for what seems to be popular on here... AP's
Also went for new top mounts all round while I was at it!

Had them fitted today!

Obviously they need to settle for a while then il be fitting the porsche wheels and have the height adjusted to suit!

Looking good. Like the yellow calipers.
Howcome you decided against the egr delete?

Looking good. Like the yellow calipers.
Howcome you decided against the egr delete?

Thanks bud yea mean calipeR lol (only done that one so far! Ha)
i just don't have the time to be taking it all apart really as use it everyday so going for the if it ent broke don't fix it approach atm! Lol
hopefully il get the other calipers done this week if the rain holds off!

Bit more done today!
Almost finished all the brake calipers and finished making my custom wheel bolt covers!

Reactions: MattKeating
Update time again...

The wheels are on!

Opinions?

Reactions: hentotheree and BaileyA3
New to the forum and think your car looks stunning mate. Was looking through this thread and wasn't too fond on the red porshe alloys, but looking at them now once fitted they dont look too bad!
some aluminium brushed roof rails and led rear lights would look the business imo!
Great work

Small update -

Finally got my boost gauge connected up with a home made boost tap!

Then I finally got it booked in for window tints and a remap!

Changed my mind on fitting an egr delete and have fitted an egr reducer gasket instead!

And finally replaced my squeeky front brakes with new pads and discs!

Finished off by painting the calipers yellow!

Where did you tap into in order to get the boost reading? Both power and boost... :)

Definitely an acquired taste and I'm afraid its not one for me.

Reactions: macca-sline
Hi. What % are the window tints? Dont want to go too dark and these look about right.

Where did you tap into in order to get the boost reading? Both power and boost... :)

Hi mate, unfortunately there's nowhere on the 2.0 tdi to directly tap into, so I had to drill a hole in the boost pipe and make a tap!

Re the wheels they are so different I actually really like them

Reactions: Mindak
Hi. What % are the window tints? Dont want to go too dark and these look about right.

Thanks mate, I know what you mean I didn't want limo but wanted it to show so opted for 15% I think!

Great looking car mate and some great mods so far.

Need to get some s3 pedals for my sline sportback. I was looking at porsche alloys but now thinking of some BBS lms.

Great looking car mate and some great mods so far.

Need to get some s3 pedals for my sline sportback. I was looking at porsche alloys but now thinking of some BBS lms.

Cheers bud, I was looking at Porsche twists before I accidentally came across these! Lol
Pedals are well worth doing, I just need the led rears now then il be happy!

Cheers bud, I was looking at Porsche twists before I accidentally came across these! Lol
Pedals are well worth doing, I just need the led rears now then il be happy!

Where did you get your S3 pedals from? They are about £60 on eBay