My engine bay 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport

Jimmeh

Reaction score
Not bad for an eight your old with 117k miles on the clock hey? :)

DSC_0006-1.jpg

You got too much time on your hands:) Looking like new though...:respekt:

Love that, i need to give mine a clean like that.

Good work!

Clean
but you have too much time on your hands
:)

Very clean indeed, especially for 8 years old.
You just need a battery cover like this to finish it off.
DSCN0941.jpg

ahh! Thanks guys.. I knew I was missing something!

Would finish it off nicely. Defo.

only jet wash diesels though not petrols.

The battery covers look good, and i've no idea why so many B6's are missing them, all facelift B5's had them, so you'd have thaught they'd have fitted them as standard to B6's, unless they've just been lost/broken/discarded over the years?

I actually prefer the bay without the bottle covers. I like to see the engine and the associated gubbins. Covering it all in plastic is just a bit crap, if you want to hide it all away, just leave the bonnet closed, and polish the bonnet instead.

my B6 avant dont have the battery cover either, you can see the battery through the wiper grill aswel, bright blue varta one, stands out a mile

The sports don't come with the battery cover as far as I know. Well my 04 doesn't have one anyway

I don't think any one has ever discovered any kind of order in which models were/weren't fitted with the various covers, if anything it seems that the early models were fitted with more covers.

my sport come with the battery cover but its a 52 plate thinking audi started to get cheaper a lol but i had to buy both the other ones to cover bottles and the aircon pipes the othere side

It would certainly clean things up under there having the full set.. Mind you, at the same time, it's also quite nice for me to have it exposed as it is to show the cleanliness! :)

Mine wern't fitted as standard, i bought them from Audi after seeing some pics on here of someone else's engine bay.
As well as finishing off the engine bay, they stop any crap getting down by the battery and clogging the drain hole up.

Mine is a 2001 Sport that has all the covers except the RS4 one, but then the previous owner was an Audi mechanic, so it came with Audi leather keyfob's, Audi pen, windscreen de-icer and a glove box full of Audi boiled sweets.... he could have fitted them, I guess....

Audi leather keyfob?!!? Nice! (any pics?)

WideMonkey, it wasn't too bad to start with but AutoSmart G101 (similar to Meguiars' APC) was used to clean and once agitated, rinsed and dried, 303 Aerospace Protectant was used to do the dressings. Time wise, about twenty minutes.

ahh. blonde moment by me; I thought it was an actual leather key! keyfob.. Doh!