1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My door has dropped

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by tazzy baby, Dec 10, 2009.

1. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Welsh & Proud

Hi guys and gals does any one know how hard it is to change door hinges and has any one got a pair for a 97 a4 drivers front hinges or how much would they set me back

Thanks Tazzy

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. gaz71

gaz71 1.8T Quattro Sport AJL

I have a similar problem with my drivers door after a dog ran into it just after I opened the door. The door has dropped about 1/4 inch.
    Can I just loosen hinge mounting bolts and reposition the door or am I going to have to get new hinges or possibly something far more expensive. Want to avoid stealers as I'm not a banker !!!

4. andybnwc

andybnwc Member

just wind the window down and put your shoulder in and pull it back up , or if you are not strong jack the car up open the door then place a axle stand under the bottom of the door on a piece of wood to not damage the door then slowley lower the car onto it to push the door back up . Worked on both mine no problem.

5. gruf

gruf Member

POOR DOG

6. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Welsh & Proud

DIDNT WORK ON MINE ITS DROPS ABOUT HALF AN INCH EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR HAS ANYBODY GOT SOME LYING AROUNG GOING CHEAP AND ARE THEY HARD TO CHANGE:icon_thumright:

7. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

have a look at a breakers yard. have you checked how much they are then? try GSF or Euro car parts

8. tazzy baby

tazzy baby Welsh & Proud

Cant find any in the scrap yards around here and cant afford to buy new butty just forked out a tump of cash on my daughters birthday and now christmas :banghead:

9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Chatting to mark about this, he recommended loosening the bolts, lifting the door up, and then retightening the bolts.

Give that a try?

10. AND73W

AND73W New Member

Mine has done the same. When I shut the door it just bounces open so I need to actually push it closed. You can see it has dropped when its closed and you can also hear the air coming in when driving (esp on motorways).

I have a 2001 A4 previously and had no problems with that so is it just the B5 chassis?

11. andybnwc

andybnwc Member

is it loose when lifted up and down?