1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Christmas Pressent to myself arrived Yesterday

Gti Jazz Blue Dec 6, 2007

1. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

3 door ali trim kit to get rid of the piano black which is a PITA to keep looking good.

Also a couple of trim bits that got damaged.

So I'll be busy this weekend.

Any tips from anyone or pitfalls to watch out for changing the trim over ?

Paul

2. Boydie

Boydie Guest

the trim on the doors and gear surround is easy to change over - just grab and edge and pull carefully

as for the ash tray - if you have it - it can be a bit of a nightmare

I had to use 2 screwdrivers to pry the piano key off it - i then made a mistake of putting the new trim on wrongly - the clips didnt allign - so I had to take it off again but scratched it in the process :(

overall its an easy job, shouldnt take longer than 30mins absolute max!

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

My present to myself was 2 new Bridgestone's for the rear of my car :)

4. Gti Jazz Blue

That'll be cause your right foot is a bit heavy :weight_lift2:

I'm hoping that my Xmas Bonus will be big enough for a nice new set of Ultra Leggera Boots. Currently waiting on feedback from the Accountants.

5. steveg9

steveg9 Member

mine will be late for Christmas...... earlky January A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Brilliant Red!!!!!!!:blow::sex:

6. marriedblonde

LOL...possibly :)

So you decided on a new set of rims in the end?

Gone are the days of a christmas bonus for me :( although I do have a dividend due at the end of Jan.

7. Gti Jazz Blue

He he no possible about it mate :respekt:

Yes I've decided that I want to lower the unsprung weight and improove the MPG, dynamics and Performance. RS4 reps are too heavy :crying:

8. Gti Jazz Blue

Great the Accountants have given the go-ahead so just need to wait for it to hit my bank and then get some prices.

Paul

9. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I know I can't directly equate my D3 to your car, but what size are they, what did they cost and how long did the previous ones last?
    I don't fancy fannying around in the D3, but I don't fancy chucking an invoice into accounts for 19" 265/30 tyres every 6 months either!

10. marriedblonde

Hiya Bowfer,

They are 255/35/18's and I've got about 10 maybe 11K out out of them. They wheren't at the legal limit I reckon there was still about 3mm of tread left but I had a nail in one of them. The pair where just shy off £300 but that was for the latest RE050's. The F1's are £20 a tyre cheaper...

That is with pretty spirited driving though and with the traction control off a lot of the time. The novelty of RWD still hasn't worn off yet...

J.

11. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

D3's are made for the motorway bowfer so you'll get a good 40k out of yours!